Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Buying Games from Steam
I just bought Roller Coaster Tycoon 2 from Steam. In the middle of downloading Steam, my computer went black and returned with blue screen of death. The blue screen mentioned something about system dump memory. I will upload the picture of the blue screen after I have fixed my computer.

I'm doing system restore on my computer right now.

Typing from my mobile phone.

Personally I've never used it but my friends always told me I should' they always buy from there so I assume it's safe Smile

This is what I got in the middle of downloading Steam.

[Image: IMG_0297_zpsfduagrnu.jpg]

Thankfully the game wasn't expensive at all.

Jay Wrote:This is what I got in the middle of downloading Steam.

[Image: IMG_0297_zpsfduagrnu.jpg]

Thankfully the game wasn't expensive at all.

Well you still own a copy of the game and steam has a refunds policy.

I'm puzzled as to why this happened though. That seems like a really extreme failure for something as simple as the steam storefront.

If you don't mind me asking, what machine and OS are you running?
This might not have anything to do with steam and more to do with the download over-taxing the system.
-Source IT guy

Jay - on Steam you have an account game folder and it contains all your games - just re download the game again if you were charged for it - its still there just like iTunes.

Ive used steam for years and never had any problems (obviously an unlucky few can encounter probs) the main thing for me is resisting the sales - I still have a ton of games ive not got around to playing yet

matty7 Wrote:the main thing for me is resisting the sales - I still have a ton of games ive not got around to playing yet

Before the steam sale:
Oh wow they're selling a £5.00 game for 99p. Even if the game sucks it's a great deal *buy*

After the steam sale:
Why the hell do I own a copy of Pigeon bowl-a-rama?

TigerLover Wrote:Before the steam sale:
Oh wow they're selling a £5.00 game for 99p. Even if the game sucks it's a great deal *buy*

After the steam sale:
Why the hell do I own a copy of Pigeon bowl-a-rama?

lol ..oh ive been there my friend - if its a bargain and reduced...specially with a timer clock running down then I must really need it Smile

TigerLover Wrote:Well you still own a copy of the game and steam has a refunds policy.

I'm puzzled as to why this happened though. That seems like a really extreme failure for something as simple as the steam storefront.

If you don't mind me asking, what machine and OS are you running?
This might not have anything to do with steam and more to do with the download over-taxing the system.
-Source IT guy

I'm using a PC with Windows XP Professional SP2
Intel Core2 Duo CPU E4500 @ 2.20GHz
2.0GB RAM

I've checked Steam minimum system requirements before downloading it. Shouldn't have a problem. So yeah, I was confused.

After I restored my computer, my Firefox was not able to work anymore. A pop out window appeared; "Couldn't load XPCOM."

I wasn't able to uninstall Firefox the common way (via Add/Remove function) for unknown reason. So I removed it manually from my drive. Reinstalled.

Okay, solved the problem.

I know what the problem was. Steam went haywire went it was downloading new update into my computer.

I installed Steam again. Steam was able to update content properly. I'm downloading RCT right now.

I've bought several games from Steam and just yesterday I pre-purchased the SOMA which I am really looking forward to Big Grin It feels pretty safe for me.

BTW there is a new Roller Coaster Tycoon chapter coming?! OMG I love this game !