Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Buying gay magazines
joseph Wrote:marshlander i never seen it before
If you can't get to the shops yourself, Joseph, maybe you could ask your sister if she would buy one for you?

i can go to asda and i looked and it wasent any gay magazines . what shops is it in

joseph Wrote:i can go to asda and i looked and it wasent any gay magazines . what shops is it in
Hmm, some Asdas sell them, but maybe not yours. I saw both GT and Attitude in Tescos today. You will find them in Smiths. Quite a lot of small corner shops don't sell them, so you sometimes have to hunt around. You can quite often get them at a magazine shop at a railway station.

on the subject of magazines!!
I brought dot net, a website designer/developer magazine, for £7 which I kind of dont have a issue with the main problem is the fucking articles = bollocks and theirs ADVERTs EVERYWHERE I PAYED £7 AT LEAST ARGH!!!
GRRR!!! FUCKING ADVERTS!!
Bloody consumer society, leave me in peace!!

SERIOUSLY, why charge so much when you are going to doubt your profits on advertising. Just to drive away your customers?
I'm sick of TV adverts, Website adverts, Sign adverts and especially adverts you have to pay for like a magazine supposedly about website design which you struggle to find anything on the subject as its all fucking advertisment, STICK IT DOT NET!!!

CardShark Wrote:on the subject of magazines!!
I brought dot net, a website designer/developer magazine, for £7 which I kind of dont have a issue with the main problem is the fucking articles = bollocks and theirs ADVERTs EVERYWHERE I PAYED £7 AT LEAST ARGH!!!
GRRR!!! FUCKING ADVERTS!!
Bloody consumer society, leave me in peace!!

SERIOUSLY, why charge so much when you are going to doubt your profits on advertising. Just to drive away your customers?
I'm sick of TV adverts, Website adverts, Sign adverts and especially adverts you have to pay for like a magazine supposedly about website design which you struggle to find anything on the subject as its all fucking advertisment, STICK IT DOT NET!!!
Couldn't agree more. I once had political pretensions (although I severely lacked the necessary ambition and motivation), but I did seriously consider campaigning for heavy curtailment of all advertising, amongst the other more important stuff. £7 is far too much to pay for so much advertising. As a matter of interest GT (with lots of ads) is £3.50 while Attitude (with not so many) is £4.50. The advertising revenue is used by some to bring down the cover price, but I guess there are always balances and compromises to be struck.

I totally hate paying for mags as find the ads overwhelming as well... most mags can be had for free over here if ya know where to find them. I must get about $1,000 worth of free subscriptions / year.

Mark was kind enough to send me a copy of Attitude. It kinda shocked me as MOST of it was ads of one sort or another... If it wasnt a paid for ad commentary was an ad for some product or movie or production with very little editorial comment free of product placement.

I read thru the newest Out mag which seems to be a similar glossy gay pop type with a lot less but enough advertising. Out has a cover price of $4.99 or £3.56. Going thru The Advocate which is less glossy but maybe more similar to Attitude with a lot of ads including product placement inside commentary but also a LOT more political & gay commentary for the same price.

I must say I was a bit disappointed with Attitude compared to Out. I cant imagine what I would think of GT with so many more ads...

The shop is now displaying GT, ReFresh, Attitude and DNA at eye level among the less depressing straight men's monthly publications. I call that a result Wink

marshlander Wrote:The shop is now displaying GT, ReFresh, Attitude and DNA at eye level among the less depressing straight men's monthly publications. I call that a result Wink

Nice result mister, whilst I agree with you I don't buy magazines. I guess I'm lazy like that.....But good result

Confusedmile:

Why by a magazine when it is pretty much free on the inter net. their is a lot of adds but for free you can't complain to much.Rolleyes

As far as GT is concerned I enjoy the "Culture", "Reporter", "Agenda" and "Real Life" sections the most. This month sees an interview with Marianne Faithfull and I've long enjoyed her music.

Would I prefer to read at leisure in my own favourite comfortable chair in a choice of locations or perhaps lying on my bed or would I prefer to read sitting up in front of a computer screen?

No contest! Plus real paper feels, smells and looks very different from a vdu.