Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
FACE MASKS IN THE UK
So our wonderful Prime Minister Joris Bhonson and his advisors have decided that as from the 15th of this month, the wearing of face masks will be obligatory on public transport, in an effort to diminish the spread of Covid-19.  Between now and the 15th however, we can continue to spread the  disease.
"You can be young without money but you can't be old without money"
Maggie the Cat from "Cat on a Hot Tin Roof." by Tennessee Williams
[-] The following 1 member Likes LONDONER's post:
  • Genersis

You couldn't make it up. Seriously. I wear a mask on every rare occasion I go out, even when I go up to the farm house to check the post or put out the rubbish. I know it's unlikely to protect me, because I don't have a surgical mask, but it will reduce the risk to others if I've become a carrier.
[-] The following 1 member Likes marshlander's post:
  • Genersis

I can't think of any other reason to postpone that requirement other than to let people obtain more masks?

But people here in the states are making a fuss about wearing them for all sorts of reasons...They are pricey and I suppose some might not be able to afford a $25 pack of masks on top of being unemployed, but wearing them isn't that big of a deal.
"I’m not expecting to grow flowers in a desert, but I can live and breathe and see the sun in wintertime"
Check out my stuff!

I swear, the government is trying to keep the R rate at 1.

Ordered a mask the other day, as I haven't been out properly since Feb/March. Might not be delivered in time before a funeral I have to attend in several weeks.

Johnson and this government are killing so many people...
Silly Sarcastic So-and-so

@Genersis there are patterns and ways to make your own mask even without a pattern online.

@InbetweenDreams actually I do find wearing the things a bit of a problem. I do wear one when I go out but I also wear a nasal oxygen cannula and the mask makes it hard for me to breathe That means I count my steps carefully. Maybe I'll come across a ventilator mask and find that easier. I hope. Still will be wearing one as prescribed for now, though.
I bid NO Trump!
[-] The following 1 member Likes LJay's post:
  • Genersis

Thanks @LJay . That's the last resort. Smile
Silly Sarcastic So-and-so

(06-05-2020, 06:21 PM)LJay Wrote: @InbetweenDreams actually I do find wearing the things a bit of a problem.  I do wear one when I go out but I also wear a nasal oxygen cannula and the mask makes it hard for me to breathe  That means I count my steps carefully.  Maybe I'll come across a ventilator mask and find that easier.  I hope.  Still will be wearing one as prescribed for now, though.

Yeah the KN95 (I assume the N95's are the same way) are a little hard to breathe out of...the regular disposable masks while they don't stop particulates as well but they should be much easier to breathe through...but they will fog your glasses if you wear glasses that is. I try to wear contacts if at all possible.
"I’m not expecting to grow flowers in a desert, but I can live and breathe and see the sun in wintertime"
Check out my stuff!

If they want us to wear them on public transport from 15 June the government should be giving everyone a ration of a few free masks per week like in South Korea. Just saying.
[-] The following 1 member Likes Raven's post:
  • LJay