Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Calling all members! Family Meeting
Its come to my attention that recently gs has had members leaving left and right due to drama. We are all a family here and we need to get back to acting like one, All of us active members left here are adults and we really need to act our ages. If you have a problem with someone be the bigger person and walk away or block them. This isn't the biggest of gay forums out there and it's sad when one of your friends leaves and you have no why of getting in touch with them. No way am I calling anyone out but I am calling this foolishness out and it needs to end. We already know how hard it is for gay people outside in the real world but to come home to your gay family and it still be just as hard is a little on the pathetic side.
I am the angles that hold and surround you

I am the demon you're afraid to meet

Foolishness? Nah. Nastiness. And naughty people need to be called out on their behaviour.

No such thing as a gay family exists. This is just another collection of humans and conflict will happen. People are allowed to confront matters honestly. That is life. If you cannot deal with that without feeling the need to call people pathetic and rushing to "harmonise" everyone, that is not everyone else's problem. Trying to suggest that it is wrong for people to confront and deal with stuff will not achieve this harmonisation. Are we too precious that we cannot deal with shit and then move on?

Quote:No such thing as a gay family exists.
Ya, Tell this to little jimmy who got disowned by his bloody family for being gay to go on and pick a few LGBT members as his new family
I am the angles that hold and surround you

I am the demon you're afraid to meet

I personally think it is good to get things out in the open but you can just about believe that doing so will end up in a flame war back and forth... which is never good.

I think there needs to be more moderator control... I thought I heard from someone that the board is self-moderated.

I think the infraction system is inadequate...unless everyone actually uses it properly...

I think 99% of the time people are fine... then you have stuff like that go on... there's other issues I have had to deal with which I'm waiting to hear back on over activities here on GS.

So something IMO needs to be done.
"I’m not expecting to grow flowers in a desert, but I can live and breathe and see the sun in wintertime"
Check out my stuff!

These wrongdoings cannot just be ignored and swept under the carpet. Doing that is the equivalent of deeming the behaviour acceptable. Yes, the result of confronting it can be ugly, but if these people are allowed to continue wrongdoing unchallenged then more and more people will leave. It needs to be dealt with then everyone can move on.

Put a bunch of people together under the protection of a screen and packing a few personal issues, and you will get drama eventually.

And eventually, it'll die out. Somethings can be ignored, somethings need to be called out.

Sucks to see people leaving because of it, yes. If they choose, the'll leave a contact adress of some sort.

But hey. One can't control everything in this life.
[Image: 05onfire1_xp-jumbo-v2.jpg?quality=90&auto=webp]

I'm not sure that infractions do anything. I must admit, I've never given any out.

Bottom line is simple, treat people how you want to be treated.
[Image: 51806835273_f5b3daba19_t.jpg]  <<< It's mine!

Great! What did I miss now?
Headscratch
Bernd

Being gay is not for Sissies.

I'm so glad this has been brought up because I received an infraction yesterday for no reason. We all know that I'm not on here enough to cause any problems. I've contacted the forum leaders to find out the claim that was made against me, and I hope we can shed some light on the subject in the near future.

I have noticed that a few people have gotten bitchy lately and I have said to myself...".wow did they just say that"? I was reading a thread currently up with people correcting grammar and spelling and thought how did it end up there? So uncalled for!! This forum is an escape for me and I enjoy reading when I have time. I have received great advice and have made a few friends here.
There have been a lot of good quality members recently and I hope that continues. There have also been those that do not understand what this forum is about and most likely never will.
For those who feel the need to be a bitch or a child and make uncalled for comments, STOP IT!! Think before you hit the post button. People have feelings and might get hurt or offended by your reply.
For those who post and get an uncalled for reply, Just brush it off and do not lower your self to the offending posters level. Lets make this fab forum the best out there. I think it already is!
Just my .02 cents.
I can EXPLAIN it to you but I can't UNDERSTAND it for you
Spoiler:
!