Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Came Out
Great news Steven. Seems that us humans can deal with anything even [COLOR="Red"]homosexuality by parents Xyxthumbs

I must say that it is really great to read these stories. None of us really know one another very well but it still touches my heart when I read the positive realities members are going thru.

Spin3 HERE IS TO MORE POSITIVE REALITIES FOR OUR LGBT MEMBERS Spin3
[/COLOR]

fjp999 Wrote:Great news Steven. Seems that us humans can deal with anything even homosexuality by parents Xyxthumbs

I must say that it is really great to read these stories. None of us really know one another very well but it still touches my heart when I read the positive realities members are going thru.

Spin3 HERE IS TO MORE POSITIVE REALITIES FOR OUR LGBT MEMBERS Spin3
Woo Smile x

matty7 Wrote:hey Steven - i'm really happy that your dad is cool with finding out.

the best advice i ever got about telling people was from one of my best friends, to quote him -("give people more credit mate than u think") -i'd built my self up for rejection n even gave all my mates the option of not been friends anymore as i told them - every single one were happy for me although some were bit shocked to start with, infact their even protective of me with other people, to quote again,,.,i should have given them more credit than i did, i think thats your finding out with your dad now n im pleased for you

Yeahh my friends were alright about it! Although since then I've been invited out less and less, so i think some of them are a bit odd about it.

and thanks Smile x

fredv3b Wrote:I'm glad things are working out for you. Just remember that blood is thicker than water. You're parents might not like the fact that you are gay, they might even be ashamed of it (although in time that may change), however you are still their son. That's not to say things will be all happy, easy, etc. its just that families have a tendency to stick together for better or worse.

Exactly Smile x x

seriously. out of all the gays/bi people i know in reality, only one had issues with his dad. all of them have had their mums, which contradicts stereotyping whouldn't you say?

Wow... this is a tricky one.

From what I've read on your post, you are upset by all this. First things first: calm yourself down, and don't let this get you down. Easy to say, I know... but being upset won't help you.

Regarding your parents... I hope im not being out of line here, but your mum having a go at you even though she knew... is not good. Another question for you: assuming your Mum does throw you out of the house... would you feel comfortable with your own place?

Whatever happens... I do wish you all the best, and hope that something will work out for you. There's always plenty of people here to get advice from.

Good luck!

Steven, so glad to hear everything is working out, lots more support for parents no days too, plus the media has helped bring it to the forefront more, sometimes everything works out better than imagined, Greetings, Jim
[Image: images?q=tbn%3AANd9GcRz-Six7p24KDjrx1F_V...A&usqp=CAU]

I don't know for sure that things are resolved in Steven's family but at least things are out in the open and your father and mother won't expect you to come back home with a girlfriend. At some point, however, it would be nice for you to be able to discuss things a bit, just so they can voice their fears and you can dismiss them. Some families are uncomfortable discussing sexuality. Make sure they understand that you are being safe. So I hope you are...

coming out to my two best friends was hard for me because at the time we all shared a flat together and I had a crush on one of them.

well, one of them developed a chest infection and got quite ill so went to stay back at his mum's while he recuperated and we were chatting on the phone one night and he asked me if i was gay so i admitted it.

my other friend (the one i had a crush on) knew something was going on cos once the friend who i'd come out to came home we would quite often chat about it, because being able to talk about it with someone for the first time made me want to talk about it a lot!

eventually me and the friend who didnt know were out walking the dog and he asked me what was going on. i told him i couldnt tell him but if he was able to ask the right question i wouldn't lie.

well that pretty much gave the whole thing away and he guessed and asked and the admission was doen and dusted.

have to say the build up in my head had been far worse than the actual event.

I've since told all my friends and they've all been fine about it.

my mum kinda knows although we've never discussed it. I can't honestly see me ever coming out to my dad though, it would upset him too much.

I figure i can live my life the way i want to without him having to know or be upset by it.

littleboots Wrote:my mum kinda knows although we've never discussed it. I can't honestly see me ever coming out to my dad though, it would upset him too much.

I figure i can live my life the way i want to without him having to know or be upset by it.

I thought the same because my dad seemed so victorian in his attitude to life in general and very un excepting of Gay's and anything different from him but I found myself becoming more distant towards my parents and it was cutting me up because everyone else knew, when I finaly told them at 30 years old, they where fine about it and have even said they wished one of my brothers was gay so he would settle down instead of chasing women all the time Roflmao . At that point I knew they were fully excepting of me and they are closer to me now than they ever were when I was growing up.
They love my partner and even stayed with us for two weeks last year in spain.
Best thing I ever did was come out to them.

Robertson Wrote:just as a general question, do most people parents react like this?8-)

No...

But all Scottish parents do...

Astrosmiley2

Welcome to the club Wavey. Be true to your self every thing has a way of working out in time.