Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Came out to my religious parents!
A couple weeks ago (I think... time flies), I came out to my religious parents. I, too, am religious and attend church regularly and am very involved.
I should have posted earlier because I kind of forget exactly what happened, but my parents reacted surprisingly well!
My mom said that it "broke her heart" and that "this isn't something a parent wants to hear their child say"...
Then she started asking things like "have you had sex? Why did you choose to be gay?" I explained to her that I've never had sex and that being gay isn't a choice... But I'm bi... So it is... ._.
Oops.
I expected my dad would absolutely not tolerate that!
He was the best one... "You're our son and we don't love you any less!"
What else do I say?

Oh yes! Mom had to go all "BIBLE SAYS:" on me, but I knew that would happen!
And she wanted to talk to the pastor the next day. But decided to ask her friend from work what to do.

The next night, she came into my room and had the gay sex talk. AWKWARD!
And then she said that if I wasn't accepted at our church anymore, that we'd all move! I said not to, as our family is really involved and have a lot of friends there. But she insisted that if I wasn't accepted, we weren't going to stay there!

I'm really happy with how well they're taking it!
My mom told me that I should keep my relationship on the down low though...
I don't want to.
And neither does my boyfriend! The other day, he actually told me to tell lots of people! I think I will... But I don't want to rub it in people's faces! That's kind of rude... So, if someone asks if I have a girlfriend, I'll tell them I do not and that I have a boyfriend! A lot of people from my work know, but don't tell anyone else, which is nice because I can count on them! My boyfriend's mom doesn't officially know, so that's just in the works, but I know she'll be fine with it! Same with his brother.

What else was I going to say?? I forget...

Oh yeah!!
Most of our friends know, and my sisters know. My oldest sister wants to meet him! So, if he has a couple free days, I might take a road trip up to see her... And he can tag along! Tongue

Anyway... If you read this, thanks! And I hope it helps you come out, if you haven't already!

Ciao for now!

Congrads... glad it went well for you!

Well, its tough sometimes. But if anybody is going to like or love you, they will like or love you on your merits as a human being and individual....not for being "gay" or "straight".

Anybody who bases their feelings and emotions on your just because you are "gay" or "straight" arent worth your time.

But thats my opinion.

I'm glad it went suprisingly good...

I'm happy for you..

Confusedmile:

Yours went better than mine did when I told my religious parents but I am glad it went semi-good. Maybe it will get even better in time. Sometimes people just need to adjust. I mean sometimes people never have dealt with a loved one being gay before and it comes as a shock.

Well done !
I am happy for you ! (^^*)V

That is awesome! Congrats

Good, you were prepared but was better than expected at all! :-)
CIAO!

So happy for you!