Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Came out
WOW thats awsome! Its always good to hear when parents take it well. My dad is the same way. He still calls it "The Gay Thing" But its getting better. He likes gay jokes though... Asks me what its called when BK has the chairs upside down on the tables for clean up.. a "gay bar" he tells me.... But I always tell him that ive been to a gay bar, and the chairs are the same as in a regular kind of bar. lol... My mom didnt send me to a shrink.. But Im glad she isnt trying to "cure" you! Good for you!:biggrin:

Congrats man!

Quote:they both said that, without having any ‘experience’ neither with boys nor with girls, I just couldn’t be so sure that I was gay and that was part of my identity.

that bit there was the exact reaction both my parents had... they just didn't know I had had some experience! Both accept it... probably my Dad moreso than my Mum... I think my mum still has some issues there that she isn't being open with me about.

Hope things just keep getting better and better for ya.

Edit: I should look at the date of some of these posts!!

Well, I visited the psychologist's yerderday, and among many many other things he said to me and my mum, he said that there were also boys of my age that without having any experience defined them as heterosexual! He also adviced both my mum and dad not to have the attitude that homosexuality determines and catalogues people. We went out with great relief, he made her feel better than she was, she'll continue therapy alone.