Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Can I get herpes from someone without an outbreak?
My current partner revealed to me he has Herpes (HSV-1, I believe). It's unfortunate because it was passed on to him by his parents, and not through sexual activity and such (he's never been physical with anyone before).

I recently did a full blood test and I was negative for everything, including all Herpes, HIV, etc. It's an important thing to do at the start of a new relationship.

My partner has told me you can only contract Herpes if he has an outbreak and it makes contact with your skin. Things I've read on the internet say it's still possible even without a noticeable outbreak.

He's only had cold sores on his mouth, so I'm very worried about a few things:

-Receiving oral sex (I don't want cold sores on my phallus!)
-Kissing
-Kissing in general (I'm assuming you can get cold sores on any part of the body)

Also, can I get HSV from him by unprotected anal sex? Could the virus be present in his sexual fluids, or in the mucus lining of the anus?

What are peoples experiences being negative for HSV, but having a partner with HSV, and vice versa (you have HSV, partner does not)?

Am I doomed to eventually contract it if I stay with him long enough?