Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Can You Cook?
MisterTinkles Wrote:
Your display pic did an interesting trick!!!!

That was freaky!!!!!

Yeah? What kind of trick?Winknudge

southbiochem Wrote:I can cook everything I was taught to cook. I learned a few things beyond was I was taught.

I ain't cooking no gourmet sh*t, just plain old house food.

Of course think about local things from here or uber common stuff like pasta, chiken, fish, whatever.

Don't expect me to make goulash, I wasn't born in Magyar-land. Unless you give me time to learn how.

Not speaking strictly about you here..........but..........

I have always found it fascinating how scientists who work with chemicals all day, cant even make a bolona sandwich, without calling someone for help!!!!

Really!!! Think about it. Someone who is versed in the chemical elements, cannot even put a few food chemicals together to create dinner????!!!!

Rofl Rofl Rofl Rofl Rofl Rofl

MisterTinkles Wrote:Not speaking strictly about you here..........but..........

I have always found it fascinating how scientists who work with chemicals all day, cant even make a bolona sandwich, without calling someone for help!!!!

Really!!! Think about it. Someone who is versed in the chemical elements, cannot even put a few food chemicals together to create dinner????!!!!

Rofl Rofl Rofl Rofl Rofl Rofl

Science work is a time consuming one Tinks. Hours are simply crazy and it is not rare to have to work all-nighters and weekends on the lab.

Rarely the scientific career will allow you time to do "house things", at least that is my theory.

Luckily for me mom was hell bent that my sis and myself be as a self-sufficient as possible, hence I learned cooking before I went to college.

I went through a stage of cooking elaborate things, i make a mean lasagna but that was a stage, mostly i keep things simple and as its just for myself i cant be bothered, by the time i actually cook it im not hungry anymore and i go this cafe quite a bit that is just the best cafe i,ve ever known though most of the cafes are what we call "greasy spoons" and theres chains off these all over the uk, they might have differents names but they are all greasy spoons and most of them are disgusting, you can get much better microwave meal for the same price that are really nice like tesco supermarket "finest" range of meals are delicious and did you knows its better to cook peas in a microwave than to boil them, it locks in more goodness yet some people are too good for this and so stupid they think everything that comes out of microwave is bad for you.

Yeah i also dont like waiting for food, i can get moody when im hungry, it doesnt need to be an event, i just need nutrition so i dont faint.

I think the most elaborate thing I make anymore is spaghetti.

Boil some water, open up the jar and heat up some sauce.

That is too elaborate for me!

Sometimes i want to live in a modern city where theres loads of nice privately owned cafes and just never cook again or find a guy who loves food as i havent had much luck with that

I was never taught to cook so for me, living alone, it is a matter of necessity. It's far from my favourite pastime but when I invite guests to dinner, I make an effort and the results are usually praised. The worst part of cooking is actually thinking of what to cook.
"You can be young without money but you can't be old without money"
Maggie the Cat from "Cat on a Hot Tin Roof." by Tennessee Williams

LONDONER Wrote:I was never taught to cook so for me, living alone, it is a matter of necessity. It's far from my favourite pastime but when I invite guests to dinner, I make an effort and the results are usually praised. The worst part of cooking is actually thinking of what to cook.

I have a friend who never knows what to cook.......so I usually give her suggestions when she is stuck.

She never keeps my recipes or suggestions though......so I'm always giving her the same stuff!!!

LOL

partis Wrote:That is too elaborate for me!

Sometimes i want to live in a modern city where theres loads of nice privately owned cafes and just never cook again or find a guy who loves food as i havent had much luck with that

me?...........

partis Wrote:That is too elaborate for me!

How about me? I love cooking and I love eating all the things I cook, so you don't have to worry about gaining too much weight:biggrin: