Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Can You Cook?
I coudn't find an option on poll for me.

I'm never a perfect cook, but I kinda can cook. (btw I can better bake than cook)
So that my future lover won't at least starve Tongue

Uneunsae Wrote:I love cooking and can make so many exquisite meals for not much money at all. So many people I know spend so much money on processed food and can't figure out how I eat so well for less... and I'm always in shape. Kitty

Share the secret!!!Salad

I sure can!

My masterpieces: tuna soufflé, chorizo with poached eggs, codfish + béchamel sauce and an amazing starter made of bread with mayonnaise and chorizo.

Beans on toast count?

ddd Wrote:Share the secret!!!Salad

Do you like Indian, Korean, Thai, or Japanese food?

Indian is by far the cheapest to make if you don't eat a lot of meat. If you do eat meat, then I can't help, since it's very expensive per meal! But I can feed several people a great Indian meal for just a few dollars.

For my body, the key to staying fit is centering meals around vegetables (which Asian food usually does). I'm able to eat quite a lot of rice, too and it doesn't harm me. I rotate brown and white rice just because I can't give up white rice. Also, I never eat until I'm stuffed. That's a big no-no and people who do that are just asking to gain weight. I eat until I'm not hungry and then stop. Use small plates and bowls. It helps.

I rarely eat fried foods and make my own juice as well.

People often believe you have to deprive yourself of delicious food or go hungry, but I don't. And since I eat healthy, I'm able to have treats when I'm in the mood.

Also, don't use ghee in Indian food. Use a healthy oil.

If someone doesn't like many vegetables then I feel they are very limited on what they can eat on a budget.

Everyone's bodies are different, but all these things work for me. I hope they work for someone else, too. Loveya

I'm a decent cook, but I consider myself an exquisite baker. I can make anything from Baklava to Fresh Vanilla Bean Ice Cream! My family makes me bake my French Apple Tart for almost every holiday.

HaZe Wrote:I'm a decent cook, but I consider myself an exquisite baker. I can make anything from Baklava to Fresh Vanilla Bean Ice Cream! My family makes me bake my French Apple Tart for almost every holiday.

That's what I can't do - pastry. There's a patisserie program near me that I'd love to try out. I did make pretty decent French Macarons once, but they were extremely delicate and not easy on the first try!

Uneunsae Wrote:That's what I can't do - pastry. There's a patisserie program near me that I'd love to try out. I did make pretty decent French Macarons once, but they were extremely delicate and not easy on the first try!

I'm trying to master the Croissant. My first attempt ended in a buttery mess! Paula Deen would have loved them, but my arteries sure didn't. Haha. I can do a decent Cinnamon Roll though.

CardShark Wrote:Beans on toast count?

its does in my book - so much potential for a ruined meal. the toaster could charcoal your bread (fire hazard) and the microwave could seriously dry out your beans if left unattended, ive missed times both of these and ended up with a disappointing lunch Smile - its a skill to get the timings right mate

I can cook - and do it well thank you....

However I'm thinking real seriously about lying to my next partner of my my next failed relationship and telling them I do not know how to cook that way I don't HAVE to cook.