Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Can You Cook?
BabyPolarBear Wrote:I'm in culinary school so it looks like I beat all of you hahahaha

Oh really? can you make a scandinavian pie from scratch? Ask if you need to know. Being in culinary school doesn't beat what you learn from your parents or grand parents and great grand parents... they were the one who wrote the books you're studying so NO you're not beating anybody... you've just been assimilated. That's way different.

Can you make tandoori butter chicken, are you able to make your own sushi or spring rolls? See I did myself some courses in culinary. But my skills doesn't come from school it comes from experiences. School teaches you the basics... I use a knife like a chef way before I entered school. So chef can I ask you what's the composition of Fufu and why people eat it and where does it come from?

HaZe Wrote:I'm trying to master the Croissant. My first attempt ended in a buttery mess! Paula Deen would have loved them, but my arteries sure didn't. Haha. I can do a decent Cinnamon Roll though.

o.o croissant is one of the hardest to bake! Flaky pastry might be the hardest pastry out there..

btw I love sponge mixtures Tongue

Freak Wrote:o.o croissant is one of the hardest to bake! Flaky pastry might be the hardest pastry out there..

btw I love sponge mixtures Tongue

If I figure out how to do croissants perfectly I'll make sure to send you some! Hehe.

HaZe Wrote:I'm a decent cook, but I consider myself an exquisite baker. I can make anything from Baklava to Fresh Vanilla Bean Ice Cream! My family makes me bake my French Apple Tart for almost every holiday.

Fresh Vanilla Bean Ice Cream that sounds yummy. PM me the receipt if you want or post it here!

The real challenge would be a gluten-free croissant. Almost impossible to make that come out near perfect. I can't eat gluten, though. /cry

Uneunsae Wrote:The real challenge would be a gluten-free croissant. Almost impossible to make that come out near perfect. I can't eat gluten, though. /cry

That's impossible... croissant are made with gluten... Croissant with no gluten are not called croissant... you won't get a French guy to eat that. LOL - Next you'll hear is " Putain de bordel, mais qu'est-ce que c'est que cette merde"

Jake Wrote:That's impossible... croissant are made with gluten... Croissant with no gluten are not called croissant... you won't get a French guy to eat that. LOL - Next you'll hear is " Putain de bordel, mais qu'est-ce que c'est que cette merde"

Vraiment! N'est pas un croissant!

I cooked a lot while growing up and learned a lot about flavor from my mom. My boyfriend had never really cooked until he met me.. Every so often, we'll watch a season of Masterchef or some other cooking-related show, and we'll binge-cook for like an entire week, which is fun! Currently, my biggest struggle is finding ways to incorporate more vegetable into his diet... He avoids them like the plague for some reason :\

Quote:In the past few years, I have noticed that less and less people know how to actually cook. No, I am not talking about boiling water and dropping pasta in it, or heating something up in a microwave, I am talking about making something from nothing.

NOTHING? Im not magician!

on serious note, no, not really.

LeafBlade Wrote:on serious note, no, not really.

Start learning! A guy that can cook you a meal is a keeper!
[COLOR="Purple"]As I grow to understand less and less,
I learn to love it more and more.
[/COLOR]