Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Can homosexuals really be reformed?
straight people say its a learnt behavior - haha.. wot utter crap. believe me when i say no one made me like guys except me ,,,,

matty7 Wrote:straight people say its a learnt behavior - haha.. wot utter crap. believe me when i say no one made me like guys except me ,,,,

I agree Matty, I don't think you can reform a gay person neither can you change a straight person. Its taken me 5 years of pain to accept myself. I wouldn't let anyone try to change that, my experiences have made me who I am nobody can take that away from me. People should just be who they want to be without fear of prejudice. Confusedmile:

To keep things simple.

No.

Though i do believe peoples sexual orientations can change throughout their lifetimes.

And denial can be a powerful thing.
Silly Sarcastic So-and-so

I've just read this long and interesting article about Janet Boynes, which explores a lot of the ideas we are discussing

http://www.truthwinsout.org/pressrelease.../08/17931/

I agree with everyone. Theres no way you can seriously change a persons sexuality. They are who they are.

Again with the responses to this, i appreciate it. I known i was different since i was like 5, and i never seriously thought about it until i hit puberty, really messed with my head, plus the fact that i never really knew what was all considered normal and what wasn't, only that it was considered normal for a man and woman to be in a relationship. It's taken me a few years of torture to really accept myself.

Genersis, i'll have to agree with you on that one, i think a persons sexual orientation can possibly change over time, like for example a bisexual, they can eventually want to go straight, or they may go completely gay. Never know what the case would be. Another example is my ex boyfriend. he was originally bisexual, but we talked it out and he decided that he would rather go straight. I still have a lot of respect for the guy, for telling me upfront like that. To this day we are still good friends.

The problem is the labels, gay, straight and bi are inappropriate and socially loaded. Even people sometimes do not recognise their own sexual attractions, and luckily science has come up with a way of just measuring their brain activity rather than asking them to identify themselves.