Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Can homosexuals really be reformed?
And btw orphanpip, that really is quite a sexy poem lols. Im gonna have to look that one up

:biggrin:This topic is funny because I followed a link while reading about NY Gay Marriage this morning and it mentioned they flew up a "famous ex gay" from Florida.

Let me backtrack a second here...I worked in a freakin gay bar from the ages of 20-40 and it was a busy one and I saw tens of thousands of gay men over the years...I have been openly gay since my early teens and I pretty much worked/lived/played in the "gay ghetto" of SF which makes it really odd that I have almost no gaydar...I have never quite understood it but truly I never have a clue if someone is gay or not and I usually never think about it one way or the other (which may be why I don't have a gaydar but I digress:biggrinSmile....

...and then I see this "famous ex gay"...and the little tiny bit of gaydar that I do have screams...this guy is GAY GAY GAY...:biggrin::biggrin::biggrin:

Ex gay my ass...

[Image: anthony.gif]

I'd like to know what part of him isn't gay anymore. He reminds me of a gay church lady....the kind that hangs out in bathrooms for sex and then preaches about virginity and moral values the rest of the time. Someone was mentioning something about gay people that annoyed them...well...THIS is an example of the type of gay person that annoys me. The dangerous ones who seek to oppress the rest of us.

I find it hard to accept that this man's orientation was changed from gay to straight. I daresay my ex-wife finds it hard to accept that I "changed" from straight to gay. Sometimes it takes a long time to work out what we want and what we need in life. From my present perspective I can see the confusions I experienced in the past in what I consider to be a more enlightened way Maybe your relative just came to understand himself a little more clearly? Time will tell if he remains happy on his present path or not.

i feel bad for that guy.. he's probably suffering by everyday.

fenris Wrote:by example ... ME reformed ... good luck ;-)

Why someone should reform gay people ... in the same thought : Why nobody reform straight people ? They have a really disgusting way of sex :biggrin:

If people... mostly christian people ... would do what their Religion or their "moral code" prescribes : Tolerance, Love, understanding, living with not against People... this question "How to reform"...would be very unnecessary

You need to thank God for being saved from turning straight lol ;D

To answer the OP question: No. Gay cannot be "cured" by therapy. But you can pray it away :eek: People tried it, and it worked!! Well, until they see a dick again.

I don't know what you want to be saved from. But if it were me I would try to save myself from listening to bs stuff such as "gay reform".

No, in fact, homosexuality is almost certainly not a learnt behaviour, and therefore it is unlikely it can be changed using any psychological methods. Scientific evidence shows strong weight towards that idea that it is natural and determined before birth. Here is an article which briefly explains the study: http://www.newscientist.com/article/dn14...e-sex.html

You might be asking why such a conclusive study wasn't in the news. Actually it was:
* Canadian news: http://www.thestar.com/article/444461
* British news: http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/health/7456588.stm

And if you're still not convinced, why not read the study itself, hosted rather amusingly at the PNAS website (that's "P-nas"): http://www.pnas.org/content/early/2008/0...5.abstract

So if all sin is by choice, and the bible says that homosexuality is a sin, then clearly based on the evidence the bible is wrong. No surprises there really.

Anyone think that paedophilia is more prevalent among gay men? Please speak up and I will be more than happy to crush your ridiculous notions with yet more scientific articles.

I'm conflicted on this issue. I believe sexuality is fluid, but I don't think you can change it with the snap of a finger :/ I do believe its a crock by changing it through prayer and shit. That's just stupidity at it's finest. But there have been stories where homosexual men have fallen for women and all that stuff. Is it such a strange thing? Not to me as I've had a friend who identified as straight until he turned I think it was eighteen and well he had shitty luck and well hes now gay. Hes now 22 I believe and has been in like three relationships I think.
Ive also heard of straight guys falling in love with gay men and then later on because of it start to claim their bi.
Love is something I don't think humans will ever truly fully understand and that's the beauty of it Smile.

Well East, i heard that if there's one way to tell if a guy is gay or not, look closely at his eyes, see where they go. Here's the trick though, try not to blink too much.

Perhaps all of these people were just bisexual and didn't recognise it?

agree with Fenris == why cant we reform straight people -= just cos they are the majority that somehow they want me to change haha - good luck with that - they better get NASA involved cos id really mess with their heads