Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Can sex addicts be faithful?
Thanks for the information guys. I knew sex addiction couldn't be exactly the same for everyone, but I just didn't know in what way.

I personally don't believe people are addicted to sex. We all like it, it feels really good. I think it's just an excuse for being unfaithful to your spouse. That is the only time I ever hear the phrase used.

I think some psychological problems can manifest in promiscuous behavior.

Hank, whether or not you accept it, sex addiction is a very real affliction and is taken seriously by the mental health establishment. I suggest you do some research and update your understanding of the topic.

I think Shannon hit it in the spot and educated all of us in this interesting matter!

Now, I'm not a sex addict -denial !!!- LOL sorry, I had to lighten up the mood a bit first... anyways, as I was saying, one of my best friends met his parter, after bumping into each other (pun intended) in several orgies and sex parties... I know... you can probably picture what comes next...

Note: the whole thing happened in A'dam, where I used to live prior to moving to LDN.

so this bf person, was also a pilot... i know! this is like a movie right..? anyways, the pilot was a great guy, funny and everything... They started it all very mature and sort of open-ish... as my friend told me back then it was all great, they both knew what they were getting into... etcetera...

then it got serious, they moved in together, got married, the lot! buuuuut eventually my dear friend found out that the pilot was a sex addict... not only that but acting upon it daily... my friend found out because he caught an STD... I know... pilot was kind of an asshole in that sense though...

But he loved pilot, so they started therapy together and pilot on his own... BUT! when my friend was out for work, this guy would bring others in, my friend even found a few used condoms in the house... poor thing...

They separated, then divorced... but now they are back in friendly terms... pilot is still doing his thing... getting better i hope, and my friend is much better off!

friend... if by any chance you come across this post at any point in time... im sorry I spilled the beans... but c'mon now man!

I believe all addictions are negative and sex is no exception.

Some (most?) of my exes were clearly addicted to sex. One of them was particularly disturbing: he was absolutely gorgeous and went to the sex beach almost everyday. On a regular day, he used to fuck 3 or 4 different guys!

I can't say that he was a bad person but he treated me like shit, one day he'd go crazy about me, the other day he'd tell me to f*** off.

And yes, I was a complete fool and an idiot to let myself be manipulated like that.

Well just to annoy the hell out of everyone.

Gals who have sex with more than their spouse just can't be trusted, they are sluts you see and guys are suppose to have hundreds of 'conquests' or they ain't real men....

Think about what I just said, then think about all of the sterotypes and sayings about girsl being sluts and guys being studs over how many people they have had sex with.

I think that your using a girl as a 'sex addict' is going to come off sounding more or less like the crowd that view sex + woman = slut and sex +man = stud than anything else.

As for sex addicts and their ability to be faithful - that depends on the nature of the addiction and how the addict expresses it.

And to clarify, your friend is a moron... need I say more?