Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Can't tell if he's interested.
so we're going out on another "date" this coming sunday.
I plan on letting him know how i feel...and I want to do it in a way that even if his feelings don't mirror mine we can remain friends. Do you guys think that's possible?

There's always the risk of that happening when exposing your feelings.

I suppose you could down play it as a joke if it doesn't work, perhaps?

Start of hinting that you like him without saying it and see how he reacts?

A bit of complimenting something about him and go escalating from there

He is interested!
Why not keep going out and let things develop without expressing your feelings?
You are already friends and like each other's company so why bring up feelings? Remember, actions speak louder than words. Wait for the moment and then go for the kill.

After that when things progress would be the time to express your feelings.

But good luck with it anyway.

Bowyn Aerrow Wrote:...I can pretty much guarantee that your desire to not break the friendship and lose that is exactly what he is feeling too...

I'm not so sure about the guarantee part, but nothing worthwhile in life is without some small risk. Even if that's not what's on his mind, it doesn't mean that if you bring it up, he's going to blow you off completely. All the green lights are there. I think you should go for it.

You may be headed for a bromance. They're a great way to have male friends and you don't get involved in sex. Keep having dinners. go to a film, just walk and talk. Find out what sports he plays and if there are some two can play then do so. This is a man who could be a rock when you need him as he's there for you, not the relationship, not the sex just you as his good friend. And that's a rarity.

So we Went out last evening again. Dinner at Old chicago for some really good pizza (he paid without me even realizing it) and then we went to the movie to see About last night (I paid for the movie tickets.

I had such a great evening but I was still way too chicken to make any type of move. I have it in my head that any type of advance whether it be a hand grab, a touch to the knee...anything is an invasion of personal space and will be rejected. But when I'm at the bar all of these inhibitions go away whether i'm drunk or sober.

He did bring up talking to other guys again and was kind of asking me advice about it....I could feel my face kind of showing my feelings on the subject matter (i didn't scowl or anything but the smile slowly fell off as the discussion went further) and it seemed like as soon as he saw I was uncomfortable he made sure to reassure me that "i'm only talking to them as friends...I'm not talking to them like that"

During the movie (i'm a crier) he saw i was tearing up and didn't laugh at me so...i felt pretty decent about that lol.

We talked all the way as I drove to his house about our career goals, money and whether it was important to us etc. He's got a great head on his shoulders...uggh.

When i dropped him off i made him give me a hug...and he told me, "I had fun...I had a really great time, Text me when you get home"

And he always tells me sweet dreams. /melt. I feel like this is advancing slowly but steadily...
I'm worried i'm reading each situation through "i want him" goggles instead of seeing the situation for what it really is...i would feel horrible if he saw us as just friends getting to know eachother and I was thinking we were starting to date....I would hate to be THAT guy who is expecting something out of him because that's totally not my intention.

*SIGH* I hate dating.

This is fantastic, Do you join with me ? I want to make a bed with you.