Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Can you be friends with a homophobe that has a crush on you ?
There's this guy I know he's homophobic he also has a huge crush on me ,but he thinks being a lesbian is a sin . He doesn't know i'm a lesbian ,but when we were having a chat about it and I said it doesn't bother me . He then asked me if I have ever thought about being with other women and I said yes . He was pretty shocked and then asked is it ,because men hurt me in the past that I dated I said no . But then he went on a rant about how women are poor emotional creatures , and we will go with anyone that love us. Because we're hurt and run into the arms of another woman . I told him it's not the case for me and I get a long with men fine . He then decided to change the subject .

He wants to be friends and I wonder if we ever could , I like him only as a friend but I feel like when i start dating other women he'll become a bit of a problem and I can't be myself around him .
Ps when we were just chatting another guy walked up and called us love birds and he responded by saying "Yes we ware "
I was kinda shocked thinking no we're not and does he like me that much ?
Catmilk

He sounds like an idiot, based on his view on women. I'd avoid him like the plague or educate him and decide based on the result what to do next.

I wonder how he would feel about you if he knew the truth.

I couldn't be a friend with a homophobe, I'd always be watching my back. However, it could be a learning opportunity for the friend....
[Image: 51806835273_f5b3daba19_t.jpg]  <<< It's mine!

The question here becomes can you really be friends with someone that you can't even be yourself around.

The answer (at least for me) is no.

Also, the fact that he said you are lovebirds unsolicited and not joking? I would say this is a pretty big warning sign that he -doesn't- want to be friends. He wants to be "friends" in the hopes it will give him a foot into the door of being more.

The generally accepted belief is that homophobes are that way out of ignorance. But if a friend of mine is a homophobe, that means I'm conspiring to keep him ignorant. I'm not pointing out that I am gay, and that somebody he apparently thinks is a cool person is gay. And that would be a lesson I think it was well worth teaching.

Lex

I've heard that lesbians are excellent with tools... but IMO this one is a tool you should avoid.

Borg69 Wrote:I've heard that lesbians are excellent with tools... but IMO this one is a tool you should avoid.

I'm not good with any type of tool to be honest ,but I think you guys are right .Catmilk

TwisttheLeaf Wrote:The question here becomes can you really be friends with someone that you can't even be yourself around.

The answer (at least for me) is no.

Also, the fact that he said you are lovebirds unsolicited and not joking? I would say this is a pretty big warning sign that he -doesn't- want to be friends. He wants to be "friends" in the hopes it will give him a foot into the door of being more.
I don't want to be friends with someone I can't be myself around .Catmilk

Obviously not.

Melody Wrote:I don't want to be friends with someone I can't be myself around .Catmilk

Then tell him you love punani and if he dont like it, the door is that way => => => =>

You have two reasons not to be friends with this guy

1. he has a crush on you
2. he has a chip on his shoulder about lesbians and woman in general. Is that somebody you want to call your friend, well you’ve answered yourself, no you dont but will you… idk

spilovn Wrote:Then tell him you love punani and if he dont like it, the door is that way => => => =>

You have two reasons not to be friends with this guy

1. he has a crush on you
2. he has a chip on his shoulder about lesbians and woman in general. Is that somebody you want to call your friend, well you’ve answered yourself, no you dont but will you… idk

what's punani ?Catmilk