Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Can you cook?
axle2152 Wrote:[MENTION=21041]Jay[/MENTION] Have you considered the culinary arts? I mean it looks like cooking is more than a hobby, it would seem that is a talent. That or I am hungry.... Yay for calorie counting... But seriously, that all looks great and if you like doing it perhaps it could be somewhat a career? Just a thought.

I am going to make a Cuban style black bean soup... I make up a batch of it and freeze it in ziplock bags...then I can take it to work and have that for lunch with something... Pretty simple to make too...

Actually it did cross my mind several times.

I have plan to go back to study next year but I haven't narrowed down to what I would like to study. I just would like to elevate my career from a graphic designer to something else. My major was in Multimedia Design. I've worked as a video editor, cameraman and graphic designer.

My actual ambition was either to be a fashion designer or an interior designer but I didn't get my parents' blessing to be either. If I have to stick myself in Multimedia field, I rather be a video editor and cameraman. My passion is there. I love to narrate, write script etc. Graphic design has never been my actual passion.

Since early this year, I have been thinking...what if I study culinary? I love the art of cooking. But I'm concerned of one thing; age. Okay, money as well. Studying something new and out of my field at the age of 32...going back to college or university for another few years...study loan again...woah

Anyway we'll see next year.

I'm always cooking. We grew up with no freezer or microwave in my house so we pretty much had to always cook fresh meals. I love cooking for other people but cooking for one is depressing. I'm great at curries, mexican, stir fries, pasta bake and Sunday roast/Christmas dinner. Not really experienced with baking though.