Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Can you have a successful relationship with a quiet person?
I've met someone recently but I'm disappointed. He's great, super super super nice, totally my type, but our conversations are a bit....dry...and I'm not sure what to do.

When it comes to a conversation, I'd like to say I'm 50/50. I'm told I'm a great listener, and while I prefer to listen I'm certainly not a dead weight. I can carry my weight in a conversation with critical thought, questions, opinions etc...I'm rarely one to sit there completely silent.

But when I talk to him over the phone there are these long periods of silence that make me very uncomfortable...I didn't mind it to much until I talked to this other guy over Christmas Eve, and we both talked so fluidly I couldn't help but notice the difference between the two.

Is this something I should be worried about? I don't know what to do. I'm not sure if he's just a bit shy over the phone...he talks...but there is just a strong lack of fluidity compared to other conversations I've had with other guys.

I don't know what to do. This guy is so-so-so nice. But I just can't be that constant conversation starter. It really comes from both people or one guy has to be an insane talker (which I can't really deal with too much either). I'm a good conversationalist but it seems to me that I'm doing the talking, asking the questions. I just don't want to lead him on and end up in a situation where I'm bored as hell because he never talks.

Does anyone have experience with men of small words? He is really the biggest sweetheart but our lack of conversation is extremely disappointing.

Are there relationships with people who have zero in common? Do I just turn to my friends to talk about the things I'm interested in?

lol Id say if you need noise turn on the radio and hold his hand going down the road. sometimes allot more can be said in silence than in words. I bet he is just shy and the conversations will get better over time. Smile

How is he in real life [face to face]..?

Some people just don't really like to talk over the phone, I know
a few friends who like to talk and have normal conversations face to face,
but they don't really like to talk/text over the phone.

Maybe try to talk about topics and or things he's passionate about? Usually
people who tend to be quiet will speak in length about things they love
or something they're really into..

Good luck~

Well I'm quite a quiet person especially when I first meet someone or introduced to a new group of people. For me it's because I get crippling shyness so it could be the same thing.. But once I get to know someone well you chant shut me up so I would say hang on in there and keep persevering Smile

It's totally possible to have a successful relationship with a quiet person. Everybody has their types that they mesh well with, though. Personally, I mesh well with those quiet people out there, while louder people start to annoy the hell out of me eventually. You may just have different preferences. Maybe quiet people just aren't right for you.

I'm very talkative and inquisitive, so a quiet person wouldn't fit with me because I'd have to do all the work to carry out a conversation and it'd make me feel like they weren't as interested in me as I am with them, nor would it be particularly stimulating of course. It sounds like you're the same way as me, so maybe this guy isn't the right fit. That being said, he could just be shy and is taking a little longer to come out of his shell with you. Like you said, it's a recent thing, so this is probably the case and I'd just wait a little longer and not do anything rash.

I won't fuck someone unless they're literally banging pots and pans while it's happening.

(if it's not obvious, I didn't read past the subject heading)

To be honest what you do is up to you.
Go with the one you feel you'll mesh with best. But don't for get it could be your loss Smile
Good luck!

I can be really shy when i first meet someone but once you have my trust i can chew your ear off about things that interest me, also like justbr87 said, some people dont like to talk on the phone you know, maybe you should go out to more places, have things to talk about rather than just phoning him!

I'm a conversation starter, probably one of those talk a lot people, 70% yap yap, 30% listen.

I just tend to be that person who would walk up to a person and say "Hi" and leave knowing their favourite colour, height and bank account pin lol.

A few people say it makes things less uncomfortable, which is great, but over the phone especially, I can't communicate. Texting fine, phone call ah me say no no.

Perhaps he is just a person who prefers to speak when its important or when he feels like it.

Just speak to him at his own pace. Not everyone talks like each other.

;3