Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Can you have a successful relationship with a quiet person?
justbry87 Wrote:How is he in real life [face to face]..?

Some people just don't really like to talk over the phone, I know
a few friends who like to talk and have normal conversations face to face,
but they don't really like to talk/text over the phone.

Maybe try to talk about topics and or things he's passionate about? Usually
people who tend to be quiet will speak in length about things they love
or something they're really into..

Good luck~

I agree with you justbry, not all people are phone types

Yep, maybe just try more conversation when you are in person, sometimes its hard for some to carry long conversations on the phone,,,I'd give it time and maybe tell him how you feel so its up front

Wade Wrote:I'd love the challenge of a shy, quiet type. That just seems adorable. Much better than the opposite: the loud, brash type who won't stop talking. The fact that he's quiet probably means he thinks a lot and is introspective. Again, a positive in my book. I figure when it comes to words, it's a situation of quality over quantity.

Yep, just gotta give it alil time huh

Well if this is a problem, then I am doomed Sad

I can’t carry a conversation at all anymore. Whatever happened to silence is golden?

Oh well, whatever makes you happy… *slinking back into the shadows*

You continue to say he is a big sweetheart - the reason why he is a big sweetheart is because he listens and takes to heart EVERYTHING you have said. When you ask him a question he may require a goodly amount of time to ponder the question and then phrase his reply 'just right'. Its not that he is attempting to lie to you, he is attempting to communicate fully with you by carefully picking and choosing his words.

Being a good conversationalist/talker does not mean you are being communicative. A lot of people go on and on about a lot of inane, stupid things - they talk but never really say anything, and the majority just throw out whatever string of words that pops to mind. They are reactive not interactive, they are filling the silence with anything in order to keep from thinking.

I have to wonder what is wrong with you with this requirement for noise to fill every moment of your time together. Long meaningful silences can be far more reward than constant meaningless chatter.

Quantity is never better than quality. Sure he may not be talking up a blue streak, but when he talks does he talk of solid thing, real things, meaningful things?

Silent people are thinkers. They are more prone to be contemplating YOUR emotional needs in those long silences than those who blaze a never ending string of words.

I strongly suggest you start observing human beings and how they talk. Watch them at their social interactions. You find that most conversations are either gossiping (talking about others and what what thinks of others, talking about celebrities is a form of gossip) or are all ego (talking about Me, my, I, mine).

I bet you will discover that when your partner talks its about 'real stuff'. Not inane chatter. And I further suspect that as time goes on you will discover that he has actually been listening and filing away each conversation you tow have had and has given a great deal of thought to everything you have said.

Also consider what it is you are chattering on about. If 90% of what you say is a statement, then it will be treated as a statement.

Your BF most likely has a very literal mind and doesn't participate in things like feigned interest in people who he will never meet.

Quote:feigned
fānd/
adjective
adjective: feigned
simulated or pretended; insincere.

It is a form of lying, you will discover that those who do not talk often also don't lie often...

Unfortunately you live in a world that overestimates the need to make noise and say something when silences are actually far better and meaningful.

justbry87 Wrote:
southbiochem Wrote:..when in person, if awkward siclence arrives, hold his hand, thouch his face, trust me...that'll do the trick.....
really?

That's pretty cheesy, but I must admit, if a guy that I like pulled
that move on me, I might just melt.. Mushy
^Same here [Image: icon11.gif]

Woollyhats Wrote:Quiet people are NICE, you get to a point where you can have full conversations with body language and minimal talking, and it's like you understand each other completely. The quiet that you experience with them becomes a comfortable and reassuring calm. They don't blatantly talk about nonsense, and they LISTEN TO YOU.

Agreed and Agreed...

I write > read > talk; and for those that think I talk quite a bit, it's the least of what I do

Sounds familiar... :tongue: