Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Can you lower your cholesterol
By changing your diet? If you suffer from high cholesterol this might be worth reading:

http://www.bbc.com/news/magazine-3360117...a&ns_fee=0
"You can be young without money but you can't be old without money"
Maggie the Cat from "Cat on a Hot Tin Roof." by Tennessee Williams

If I'm not mistaken, the Portfolio diet that is mentioned in this article is high in soy protein. There is much controversy concerning males and the use of soy products. It is an estrogen based plant.
Nothing is conclusive but for me to limit soy usage. The rest of it sounds good, the part about nuts, especially almonds, walnuts and hazelnuts, yogurt and oats.

My paternal grandfather is 102 years old and eats oatmeal every day, claiming that is a major part of his good health. He also eats bacon and drinks coffee. So, go figure.

Darius Wrote:If I'm not mistaken, the Portfolio diet that is mentioned in this article is high in soy protein. There is much controversy concerning males and the use of soy products. It is an estrogen based plant.
Nothing is conclusive but for me to limit soy usage. The rest of it sounds good, the part about nuts, especially almonds, walnuts and hazelnuts, yogurt and oats.

Yup there are articles who contradicts and those who support the "healthy lifestyle of soy based products" for men. With so much food/diet trends it is quite a challenge to understand what kind of healthy lifestyle suits you the best. I recently finish reading a book about eating according to your blood type and boy I almost got paranoid because apparently while I thought I was eating what is beneficial for me, was not. So I make my own eating of getting a balanced meal which supports my physically active life. So all about trail and error for your own healthy lifestyle.

if i'm not mistaken, they changed their tune a little while back, that cholesterol isn't the 'bad guy' at all. after all that trouble they went through to turn people off egg yolk and such, they ended up eating their own words. lols.

i don't take anybody's advice on what to eat. my body is the only thing i listen to in that regard. if it wants egg yolk and fat, then that is exactly what it will have.
''Do I look civilized to you?''