Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Can you suggest me some gay themed series?
princealbertofb Wrote:I don't actually but I think he was definitely more in shape after doing some Hollywood work.

Yeah, everyone shapes up for Hollywood!! ;-p

[quote=deephiance]One of the first truely gay themed movies I saw was 'Beautiful Thing' followed by 'Get Real. Both movies are over 20 years old I believe, but are still relevant to this time and age.

Latter Days
Running With Scissors
My Own Private Idaho
Summer Storm
Holding The Man
The Sum of us
Philidelphia

Are but a few of the many gay themed films I have enjoyed

Shameless (the original UK version is great, the US version is good but about 6 seasons behind)

Yep, my own private Idaho was (like my beautiful launderette) one one of the first 'gay' themed films I saw when I was about 13 or 14
I remembered hearing about this film with River Phoenix and Keanu Reeves as a couple of hustlers, I just had to see it!!! Hmmm anyway, going to stop this thread becoming "my gay crushes of 1990s"! Haha!

Zen Wrote:[quote=deephiance]One of the first truely gay themed movies I saw was 'Beautiful Thing' followed by 'Get Real. Both movies are over 20 years old I believe, but are still relevant to this time and age.

Latter Days
Running With Scissors
My Own Private Idaho
Summer Storm
Holding The Man
The Sum of us
Philidelphia

Are but a few of the many gay themed films I have enjoyed

Shameless (the original UK version is great, the US version is good but about 6 seasons behind)

Yep, my own private Idaho was (like my beautiful launderette) one one of the first 'gay' themed films I saw when I was about 13 or 14
I remembered hearing about this film with River Phoenix and Keanu Reeves as a couple of hustlers, I just had to see it!!! Hmmm anyway, going to stop this thread becoming "my gay crushes of 1990s"! Haha!

There were films before the ones you quote (good ones, I might add), but they were often about sad endings; Maurice was one of the first where the gay character didn't actually die or commit suicide. etc.
One other interesting one was Prick Up your Ears (the Joe Orton story) but that one ends in murder.

On that link I posted above is the movie "Get Real." It's a British movie one of my favorites and I found myself re-watching it yesterday. Turns out the lead actor is now a Lawyer in England.

[Image: get-real-2-1.jpeg]
Use a condom.