Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Canada, the place to be.
Well, I figured with this board empty that I would be the first gracious Canadian to write on it.

Canadians unite here. The attack is at noon, we go to the Tim's at 12:30.

And me the second!Confusedmile:

Good day!

Ahhh, I'm in England for now but hope to be over in Canada this time next year.

I only know a select few Canadians, but all the Canadians I've ever met, including the Canadian Blue Frog, XRIMO and others, are really really nice lads, so I have to say, you do your country proud boys Confusedmile:.

!?!?! Shadow !?!?!

My English speaking and listening teacher at the institute is Canadian! he married an Argentinian woman (who's one of the headmistresses), and moved in here. He's a good block, but sometimes quite bitter, introverted. He's very proud of his country, he always gives us brochures of very nice places (the last one was of a very famous winter-spot near Toronto i think, somewhere you can go by train, help me remember the name, it's a worldwide known place). He's even given us a Canada flag badge that i've sticked in my school pencil case ^^

haha , so he promotes Canada in Argentina then Drocko!

Insomniax, you travel around the world for a few years? That's great! You could meet Xrimo and Canadian Blue Frog there ... just saying Confusedmile:

I will visit Canada at some point, want to have a tour in all america North and south.

Looove Canadians...Never met one I didn't like.

But have to say the worst vacation we ever had was when we went to the Out Games in Montreal. Total suck fest! Talk about boring....

Maybe they are more fun abroad?

Well, there are some places that aren't perfect. I have not spent much time in Montreal, I think most of it was in the airport.
Canada is much better if you are in the smaller cities and towns. Take a tour to the Maritimes (New Brunsick, P.E.I., Nova Scotia) or go to Alberta to the Rocky Mountains and visit Lake Louise, Jasper, and Invemere.

I just remembered a cool Canadian guy i met when i was coming back from a holiday a few years ago. He was gay too we exchanged emails and never emailed him because my ex thought the guy was flirting.

Anyway.... Even though i am more of a sea/beach type, i like the idea having a house in the mountains near a lake . People that have been in the mountains in Canada speak very highly about it. A British guy i know bought a house there and said it was quite cheap(comparing to the UK property market), i didnt ask how much did he pay out of discretion but i am quite curious to know.

Houses in the mountains are quite expensive as far as I am aware. When I lived there, my parents lived in a trailer park, so we didn't pay much at all since it was basically staff housing. The ski hills and hotels generally give you an apartment if you decide to work there.
As far as houses are concerned, I think that the average is somewhere around $500,000 Canadian... I could be way off on that, but I am always hearing about million dollar houses being bought there.