Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Canada, the place to be.
Sad! I hoped Canada would be more reasonable than UK in house pricing. My plan in a lets say 5 years time from now is to spend half year here in the UK or Greece and half of the year somewhere abroad. Is that a price for maximum a three bed house, living room, kitchen, bathroom? I wouldnt be interested in buying a mansion just a place to go and chill. Nothing chilling though about the half of a million price or more....

Well that's in the mountains. Elsewhere in the country, prices can be quite reasonable. My parents bought a 110 acre farm in New Brunswick for $50,000. It depends on where you want to live. I don't think cities are too bad either.
Right now I have no idea how the surging of the loonie is affecting property values.

Thats very good ... that would be less than how many £ ? Sounds good. I am not picky about the location as long as it has a nice view and is easily accessible and not over looked. Wink

My knowledge of currency exchange beyond the Canadian <-> U.S. dollar is nil I'm afraid. Is the pound close to the Euro? Because I do know that the Canadian dollar is weaker than the Euro.

Amazing! :biggrin: The pound is more expensive than the Euro. (i hope Euros never come in the UK btw will be such a mess if it does) Lets say £10 is around 13 Euros and £10 is $5 US.

Then 10 pounds would be between $5.10-5.30 Canadian about now, if my math is correct. The loonie is a few cents higher than the American dollar. But its fluxuating so much that it probably won't stay for long.

Hey boys,

At today's exchange rates, CAD 500,000 = GBP 247,939; and so CAD 50,000 = GBP 24,794, which is PEANUTS when you consider you'd have just bought yourself 110 ACRES of land ... that's insane !! :biggrin:.

Over here in Jersey, £100,000 won't even buy you a 1-bedroom studio flat (by which I mean one bedroom, one combined lounge/kitchen/dining room, and 1 bathroom).

... and £100,000 = CAD 201,635 !!

Property prices over here SUCK. I'm going to move to Canada methinks :biggrin:.

!?!?! Shadow !?!?!

Yeah can you believe it in canada you can buy all that land for 25K! Jeez... Canada is indeed the place to be :tongue: the property market here in the UK make my blood boil, some people have no chance in buying anything here OR will live and work just to pay off their mortgage!

How long ago was did they buy that house though Xrimo? It might be different now?

Yeah, it was also a real deal because the guy really needed to sell it. They bought it back in 1996 I believe. So its been eleven years, but all you have to do is find a real estate guide on the internet to see whats there. I'm sure there are very expensive houses as well as reasonable ones.

shadow Wrote:I only know a select few Canadians, but all the Canadians I've ever met, including the Canadian Blue Frog, XRIMO and others, are really really nice lads, so I have to say, you do your country proud boys Confusedmile:.

!?!?! Shadow !?!?!

Thank for you!Confusedmile: