Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Cancer
This is something that has been on my mind for a while. It's about the breast cancer three day. Ever since i heard about it, i've always wanted to go and be there to support those people who have had cancer, has cancer, and for the famalies who have had someone dear to them battle cancer, or have lost their lives to it. The thing of the matter is, i want to do it for my grandmother, and for my friend patti, who's boyfriend has cancer.

I want to see how many replies i get on this. Who will do it for? What would be your reasons for doing it?

thats great that you support your grandmother im not sure who has cancer in my family but you are something else your a supporting angelConfusedmile:

If you want to support people with cancer or other illnesses .. I can´t see something wrong with it. But.... you are very young ... so watch out that you have some people wich can support you if you need it.
Caring or giving support for ill people is a hard work .. physically ... but much more for your mind and for your soul. Be sure that you are very well prepared... read about the illness ... talk to other people.. learn what can happen and make sure that your soul don´t stand alone in the rain if something unexpected happens.

I never actually thought of it that way fenris. It's just, i've always enjoyed helping people, in small and big ways. I guess you could say im one of those people who would go out of my way for others.

I know im young... And i know that i dont know much about a lot of things. I know a few people who are always supporting me, in whatever i do. I know that there are people who are always with me,through the good and bad.

I'll take your advice to heart. Again, i know i dont know much and i know that helping people, especially those who are sick, can really wear down on your mind, body and soul, but it's just, there's something in me that has always felt the urge to help others.....

I think if you feel that you want to help ... do it.
But do it in a way that you self don´t get hurt, if you feel that a situation is to hard for you, look for someone to talk with.
There are so much possibilities to help.... sometimes it is enough to stay for the night in the near a bed and read a book. Don´t try to force you into "the hardest situations" if you feel that you are not ready for this kind of help.
If you want to support someone with cancer ... look for support groups and ask what can be important to know.

It is very important that you don´t hurt yourself in any kind of help for others... you can only be a good help or a good supporter if youself are healthy in mind and soul and if you don´t fear situations which can happen. Sometimes to do less is more important as doing too much in a situation which is to hard for you and you can´t handle.

Not wishing to sound harsh but, I feel I've done my bit!

I nursed my dad through his end-stage cancer until his eventual and enevitable death.

His twat of a GP told him he had Hepatitis A by just externally examining his general abdomanal area and asking a few questions. Then the surgery managed to lose a fax for further tests at the hospital. By the time the tests were reordered they found Throat cancer which had matastisised to his liver while he was waiting.

It's true what they say, Doctors bury their mistakes!

Vigilias Wrote:Not wishing to sound harsh but, I feel I've done my bit!

I nursed my dad through his end-stage cancer until his eventual and enevitable death.

His twat of a GP told him he had Hepatitis A by just externally examining his general abdomanal area and asking a few questions. Then the surgery managed to lose a fax for further tests at the hospital. By the time the tests were reordered they found Throat cancer which had matastisised to his liver while he was waiting.

It's true what they say, Doctors bury their mistakes!

so true Cry

Vigilas,

Sorry to hear about your father. However if his GP thought he had hepatitis then it is very likely the cancer had already spread to his liver at that point.
Fred

Life is what happens while you are busy making other plans.

Alright fenris, again thank you for the advice. And i understand, i think anyways.
Again i'll take your advice. Thank you for that.

Vigilias, i am sorry to hear about that. And not to be harsh or anything. but everyone makes mistakes. I dont know what it's like to lose a family member to cancer, not while i've bene living. But i feel for you. sorry

My dad had testicular cancer last year and I was impressed with the service he went through and how quick the treatment was etc, so I think he was on of the lucky ones. When he went through this there was more of a financial strain as he couldn't work and things started mounting - So I'd assume if any area needed improving it would be the support for finances and family life while ungoing treatment. ANYWAY Im going off topic. Most of the female members in my family have suffered from breast cancer so I guess I would do it for them Confusedmile:
[COLOR="Purple"]As I grow to understand less and less,
I learn to love it more and more.
[/COLOR]