Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Car crash
Sorry to hear about your accident. Relieved that you are okay though. Hope the insurance will fight on your behalf for a decent settlement. If they have offered you only 900 to write the car off you would be able to turn down their offer in the UK and ask for more.

Snow Wrote:thanks guys :]
and yeah the dog is fine just a little shaken up like me Tongue

worst part is i know the family that hit me
and my ex girlfriend was in the other car :/
Sorry i didn't reply to this sooner, i thought i had posted....but evidently I had not.:redface:
So obviously i'm sorry to hear about such news.:frown:

You don't think they'd be complete A-holes and blame it on you do you?:frown:
Silly Sarcastic So-and-so

Please dont take this the wrong way but the other guy may of ran the light but the accident was still your fault. Two words: defensive driving. Other people realy dont know how to drive so you must anticipate what the other idiots are doing while driving. In the future when the light turns green look both ways to make sure cross traffic is going to stop before you proceed into the intersection. You always have to be aware of what other drivers are doing. It sucks but if you dont drive defensively then stuff like this happens. On the same note Im very sorry to hear this happened to you and your car. Glad to hear you didnt get hurt or worst. Ive been in two crashes myself and know how much it sucks. Judging from the pictures the car still looks drivable if you get a head light/turn signal. You may be able to salvage it so you still have something to drive.

Marvinteck Wrote:Please dont take this the wrong way but the other guy may of ran the light but the accident was still your fault. Two words: defensive driving...
I'm not sure how easy it is to defend oneself against people driving at 60 in an area that is obviously built-up enough to require traffic lights :eek:

marshlander Wrote:I'm not sure how easy it is to defend oneself against people driving at 60 in an area that is obviously built-up enough to require traffic lights :eek:

Look at the pictures. Do you realy think the other person was going 60? More like 30 to 40 tops if you ask me. People blow through redlights around here all the time doing sixty and if you take two seconds to look both ways you can visualy see person aint stopping just by there speed. It was probably still daylight out as well since it was right after school. To say this accident couldnt be prevented by driving defensively would be questionable. He had the green light so it was the other person's fault. I only pointed out driving defensively goes a long way when it comes to staying out of harms way for his own good. I wasnt trying to degrade him. Im talking from experience. Ive done some dumb stuff while driving and have seen other drivers as well do dumb stuff like blowing through redlights, cutting people off, not using there turn signals, leave there turn signal on, no brake lights, driving at night without headlights, driving the wrong way down a one way street, cutting across three lanes of traffic to make a exit and speeding like a bat out of hell. We cant control what the other drivers do but we can do our best to stay out of there way when they screw up. Long story short if he doesnt start driving more defensively I see some more crashes in his future.

Marvinteck Wrote:... if he doesnt start driving more defensively I see some more crashes in his future.
I hope you are not suggesting that 17 yr-old Snow has not learned anything from this experience without needing us to point it out! I'm sure he feels bad enough about this experience already without us writing him off too. Which of us knew how to drive at 17 even if we had passed a driving test at that age?

marshlander Wrote:I hope you are not suggesting that 17 yr-old Snow has not learned anything from this experience without needing us to point it out! I'm sure he feels bad enough about this experience already without us writing him off too. Which of us knew how to drive at 17 even if we had passed a driving test at that age?

I stand corrected when it comes to the speed. They said 60. I didnt take into effect that he lives in Canada where speed is measured in KM and not MPH. I apologize if he takes offense to my previous comments and agree it was rude of me to critique his driving since I dont know him. Im not perfect and do overstep my boundrys by putting my foot in my mouth once in awhile.

Found it interesting though he used the word fag as a derogatory term to describe the other driver. Ill shut up now.

I'm sorry to hear about that, Snow. It's so unfair considering that it wasn't even your fault. Do you have insurance that'll cover the damages?

At least you're okay though, like someone said before... the car's replaceable, you're not.

Well, sorry to hear about that. The good thing is that everything is ok but the car. Thing could be worse. Last month, I got hit by a car too. I was riding my bike and when I passed a T intersection,a chick had her phone on her hand hit me. The bike was out of shape a little bit, I got some scars but did not break any bone. I could have sued the chick for a check but I did not. Still regret about that lol.

Sorry to hear about that Snow. Thankfully you are alright. Safe and sound. That's what matters.