Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Caretaker needs position... Can ya help?
Good luck in the job hunt, it's a huge PIA, been there, doing that !

Bowyn Aerrow Wrote:Unfortunately Mr. Tinkles is refusing to be a sugar daddy... He could make this a lot easier for me... But Noooo.... :tongue:

Mister Tinkles cant even sugar daddy for himself, much less anyone else!!!

Hypnotized-smiley

Bowyn Aerrow Wrote:Do I want to stay in California? Hmm. IDK.

Yeah there is the no-license issue. Its a bitch having the state tell you that because you lapse for a second or two at odd times without warning that they don't want you behind the wheel of a steel framed vehicle.

I will be 48 soon. Two more years to 50. 12 more years to 60... 12 years is not a long time.

Unfortunately Mr. Tinkles is refusing to be a sugar daddy... He could make this a lot easier for me... But Noooo.... :tongue:

I have been looking at the adverts. Popular sayings:

No pets, No smokers, must have a valid Driver's License.

I have my ancient dog, Granted with her well past 16 and heading to 17 I doubt she will be around forever, still I don't want to have to shove her off this mortal coil (no she will not adopt well, she has been with me her whole life).

I guess I could pull out and dust of the D. Min... hmmm. That means I have to throw out my decidedly nontraditional religious views and adopt those of a Modern Church. Jesus Saves, Coupons save even more!

Resume... Hmm. Yeah, how do I make one of those again?

Taking care of units - I'm too old for that shit. Renters are horrible monsters and 7 times out of ten totally trash a place.

I may be too tired to take on the work of youth any more. my Skill set includes construction, labor, yard work and stuff that requires a body that is young and strong.

Excuse my while I go drown in a deep pool of panic and anxiety.

I can help with creating resume, if you so choose.

southbiochem Wrote:Bighug

gardening, cooking, small handyman work and the likes don't require the "youthful" strength..

maybe something of the sort?

Seriously? Gardening and Handyman work doesn't require youthful strength?

Perhaps not the strength, but the ability to work long hard hours and not be in complete agony.

Understand young man, I walk a cane more often than I care to admit. My knee needs to be replaced soon, like three years ago. I have herniated disks in my neck and spine.

I put in 30 hours a week, mowing, blowing, raking, trimming hedges, pulling weeds. Then I do another 15-20 hours a week 'irrigating'.

Understand I'm just now actually listing everything I do. I went through the property with a pencil and pad of paper to list what I do along the lines of composing a resume, and I'm rather shocked at how much I actually do (and how little I get paid).

The spirit may be willing, but methinks the flesh is getting weak. 2 years to 50. I'm beginning to feel that half century.

MisterTinkles Wrote:
Mister Tinkles cant even sugar daddy for himself, much less anyone else!!!

Hypnotized-smiley

Right, why not sell some of those gold dabloons you got in your pirating days....

As for the offer of resume, I may take you up on that. As I just wrote, I have been writing a list of what it is I have been doing around here for the past 16 years.

I will email you in the next couple of days with my completed list.

*sigh*

I have a 96 year old grampa that used to do things up until he was 80 something..

my parents are 58 and 57 and they too can't see retirement soon enough..

I understand all too well your age and its limitations, you sweet cranky elder you...Confusedmile:

that said, I'm not suggesting you take on as much work as you're doing now..

you can do a weeeeeeeeeee bit less but in the same areas..

for example, for all I've heard you practically took care of a "hacienda" or "parcela" of sorts..

no need to garden such large property, it can be a smaller property so you don't spend 30 hours worth of gardening..

just saying...

and I did say SMALL handyman work...

(oh and if it's worth I may not be old but I am looking for some form of knee surgery by the time I hit 30, thanks to my parental incestuous relationship and my family's problems with joints)

So, to sum up, you can take that list you're making put in in fields and then maybe search for jobs with a number of hours decent for a guy your age...you know...something that doesn't fall into the "slavery" category

The Landlord dubbed Mirkwood Hacienda Del Rio back in the 1960's. When I moved in I gave it a better name other than 'house on river'.

I'm trying to use this venture as a way to improve my life. Learn whatever lessons it has and use the time and the 'terrible situation' to make it into something better.

As a man fast approaching 50 I don't know how readily I can adapt to major change, But I guess saying 'Do you want to supersize that?' is a good place to start in the career change department. Besides, I would make one of those uniforms look good.

Bowyn Aerrow Wrote:As a man fast approaching 50 I don't know how readily I can adapt to major change, But I guess saying 'Do you want to supersize that?' is a good place to start in the career change department. Besides, I would make one of those uniforms look good.

I'm thinking more along the lines of working on a bakery or a food place or something like that as a cook..

you are very skilled there and cooking is a little less physically demanding than other stuff you do

Yeah but once a person reads my birth date and start reading my past history, getting a job as a cook anywhere is going to be difficult. Except Mc Donald's or something like that.

really?.....didn't know bread-makers had such high standards...

hey, I bet if you deliver some samples of your baking skills in an interview.....

or am I being too naive here?...

Cry I do think your skills will get you something