Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Caretaker needs position... Can ya help?
That might work in a friendly place like Chile. Here in the states corporate politics mixed with god only know what sort of laws pretty much stymie things like innovation.

My biggest stumbling block is I lack social graces. I'm not a 'pleasant' person to meet. Unless you get to know me. Most people think I'm stuck-up or a jerk or something because I don't smile, I don't engage in small talk. Hell I don't engage in conversation under most circumstances.

I also look mean. If I look at people I peer deep into their soul and measure them - they know it. Yet if I don't look at them I come off as being egomaniacal or something.

The only ones who know me immediately are the insane or small children. Everyone else is scared of me.

Bowyn Aerrow Wrote:Right, why not sell some of those gold dabloons you got in your pirating days....

As for the offer of resume, I may take you up on that. As I just wrote, I have been writing a list of what it is I have been doing around here for the past 16 years.

I will email you in the next couple of days with my completed list.

Funny you mention Doubloons!!! My sister was trying to see how she could go about selling hers. She's been collecting Mardis Gras doubloons for years. I told her I know nothing about that (imagine....ME....not knowing about something, LOL) and she would be better off going to a coin dealer in New Orleans to find out how much the are worth and if they are worth selling or not.

Bowyn Aerrow Wrote:Yeah but once a person reads my birth date and start reading my past history, getting a job as a cook anywhere is going to be difficult. Except Mc Donald's or something like that.

Yeah..........no. Dont need you passing out on the burger stove, frying your face off.

Oh thanks for that vote of confidence there Mr. T...

Actually I have been thinking more about the baking thing. Then it crossed my mind that I bake two pies at a time, a dozen muffins at a time. So I looked up bakery and discovered that there is equipment in the world I have never used. apparently there are huge vat-like machines that mix and knead bread dough. Scores upon scores of loafs from one batch. OMG its enormous!

Bowyn Aerrow Wrote:Oh thanks for that vote of confidence there Mr. T...

Actually I have been thinking more about the baking thing. Then it crossed my mind that I bake two pies at a time, a dozen muffins at a time. So I looked up bakery and discovered that there is equipment in the world I have never used. apparently there are huge vat-like machines that mix and knead bread dough. Scores upon scores of loafs from one batch. OMG its enormous!

Hey, thats a good idea. I dont know what the laws are in CA about making home made foods and selling them, but you might check that out.

There are a lot of people in Texas who bake at home and sell to local "dives" and "mom and pop" restaurants.

There was one BBQ buffet place way out in East Texas that had the BEST pies I have ever eaten! I asked the manager where they got these pies from, or if they had a chef make them. He told me that they had been buying home made pies from this old couple for about 10 years. He started out letting them sell the pies in the lobby of the restaurant, and they sold so well, he just let them come in early on the weekends and use his kitchen to make pies for the week, for the buffet.

Muffin baskets are still "big" here in Texas. They have them all done up for all occasions.....baby showers, wedding showers, bachelor parties, office parties, wakes, etc....the baskets run around $50 for the cheapest one. And they ship them also.

I have always wanted to make gourmet bundt cakes and sell them via online, but Texas does not allow making homemade foods to sell, unless you have a facility set up for it specifically and certified by the health dept. Which means I would have to buy a house, and have the garage converted to a bakery, which I cannot afford either.

Its California, everything is illegal in California. Rolleyes

I would have to crunch some numbers, the cost of material (flour, sugar, baking soda, yada yada yada) and how much I might be able to sell each muffin for.

Bowyn Aerrow Wrote:Its California, everything is illegal in California. Rolleyes

I would have to crunch some numbers, the cost of material (flour, sugar, baking soda, yada yada yada) and how much I might be able to sell each muffin for.

Yeah, tell me about it.
When I was stuck living there, I wanted to get a part time job working for myself....cleaning houses or mowing lawns, or what not.....was told I HAVE to have a license for those!! Im like WTF???? Your shittin me, right? Apparently not.

Just another corrupt ruse to squeeze money out of people....you have to have a license to literally do anything in CA.

And people wonder why that state is SOOOOOO fucked up.

If you are going to try.....start with local coffee shops (not Starbucks), private lunch shops, small diners, etc....

Gee I will have to look to see if there are any private small mom and pop shops.

While California has culture, I fear it is all in the Coastal areas out here in the Central Valley we have cows instead.

Ceres, the nearest town, no longer has a living downtown, all the buildings are 'for lease' or 'for sale' Cry

Bowyn Aerrow Wrote:Gee I will have to look to see if there are any private small mom and pop shops.

While California has culture, I fear it is all in the Coastal areas out here in the Central Valley we have cows instead.

Ceres, the nearest town, no longer has a living downtown, all the buildings are 'for lease' or 'for sale' Cry

If you could get over towards Walnut Creek, thats a nice town. VERY busy. LOTS of small business!!! Or even if you could get into Carmel....I know its expensive there, but LOTS of tourists and small shops.

Other than Fairfield and Vacaville (both SUCK donkey dicks) and SF and Sac, I dont know any other places. Those were the only ones I ever got too.

My friend lives in Fairfield, but it is VERY corrupt and VERY ghetto!!! The police there will follow you around town, waiting to write you a ticket for something.

No leads on this end yet, hang in there elf
[Image: images?q=tbn%3AANd9GcRz-Six7p24KDjrx1F_V...A&usqp=CAU]