Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Cars suck
Bowyn Aerrow Wrote:So is your Jag like a 65 Mustang? Is it close to classic status (I believe 25+ years)? Does it have only minor accidents and nothing major on its record, needs only a bit of body work/interior work or something simple like a rewiring? If so then a little investment may turn this lemon into a profit making item. How much profit depends on how much work needs to be done and how good you are with tools.

I wish it even came close to comparing to a mustang, unfortunately the x-type i have was produced in 2004 so not even close to a classic, but for its age it is in VERY good shape.

Bowyn Aerrow Wrote:Fuel efficiency: Keeping your car tuned yearly (at the very least) - tune up means belts, sparkplugs, spark plug wires, getting in the engine compartment and actually tightening nuts and bolts that will loosen just with driving - can boost gas-mileage a couple miles per gallon. Proper tire maintaince can also be a huge boost - maintaining the correct pressure and keeping the tires balanced and aligned can have a huge impact not only on fuel consumption, but also on wear and tear on the car.

Yeah it often helps cant say I've had wheels balanced, i mean the efficiency the vehicle gets i dont think i'm going to get a good enough boost to make it affordable at the moment i get around 23mpg, compared to todays vehicles getting 60-80mpg its very poor, also have to consider the cost of fuel in UK is the highest in Europe and the ridiculous tax law means I'm paying £500 a year just to tax my car.

If you are wanting to save money, then I would suggest buying a used vehicle from a reputable dealer, with a full warranty.

If you want to keep the car, you might see if anyone you trust has storage space you might be able to use........an extra garage, a large storage unit, a barn.....

Another suggestion, is if you REALLY need to get rid of the Jag, then you might see about trading it for something of equal value, that is less costly to keep up and drive. That way you dont have to really sell anything, its more or less a trade.

If you do want to sell, check out some of the Jaguar aficionado sites.......they even may have better info for you on how to sell your Jag to get the most money.

MisterTinkles Wrote:If you do want to sell, check out some of the Jaguar aficionado sites.......they even may have better info for you on how to sell your Jag to get the most money.

Good shout I never really thought of that I'd love to sell it to someone who's passionate about Jaguars personally i think the Jaguar is in awesome shape so hopfully they'd keep it well maintained.

MisterTinkles Wrote:If you are spending more in maintenance than it would cost to be making monthly payments for a new vehicle, then you are screwing yourself over. I would suggest, if you do like your Jag and would really like to keep it for a while, clean it up and have it repaired to as close to perfect as you can possibly get it.
Had a Jag but didn't want to afford the costly maintenance after its eighth year.

sillyboy86 Wrote:Those are few of the reason why I don't have a car... and I don't want a car.
We live outside of the city. Cars are a must. The transportation system here sucks. Taxis are pricey. We are night people and can't imagine waiting for the bus at midnight and after-hours.

Ended up getting a damn good MPG today hit about 28.5 mpg i'm aiming for 29 this week next week ideally get it upto 30!

I've been waiting two years for the Alfa Romeo's to return to the United States... They are supposed to begin sales this year, but what they are sending us is a high end two seat version that I couldn't put my doggies in (no back seat).

I love sports cars, but I also need a back seat for my little dogs who love being chauffeured around town.. It looks like I'll be waiting a little longer to get an Alfa Romeo..
We Have Elvis !!