Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Catfish much?
Rareboy Wrote:I'm not finding anything.

But there's no way that those aren't professional modelling photos.

And of course, he probably isn't 26 and doing a doctorate in history.

The question is...does it really matter to you? I wouldn't have the patience to put up with a fake, but he (?) seems to have filled a need for you.

I also doubt if he/she will ever confess that they've been catfishing you.

I agree they look too professional... So it's odd they're not turning up somewhere.

Borg69 Wrote:Does his phone number match the geographic location he says he's in/from?

the phone number he gave me was from itlay.. since he studied there at the time, but now he is back in the us and won't give me his number

I say fake him out. Tell him that YOU are the catfish and that he has been had.
I bid NO Trump!

LJay Wrote:I say fake him out. Tell him that YOU are the catfish and that he has been had.

Hahahaha, WOW... I never had this in mind!! This could be a very interesting twist and who knows maybe I'll get him to confess?? I might honestly consider ur suggestion lmao then I am catfishing the catfish and joke will be on him haha

The professional pictures would be my first clue to question if this was a real person behind those photos. I know models are online and sometimes upload their professional shots, but they to have have phones with cameras and take real world, real life shots. The big thing here, though, is the time excuse when you asked him about skype. He found time to chat with you for hours, but skype takes too much time? How much more time consuming is skyppe than chat? It doesn't make sense. The refusal of skype itself, is a red flag because fake pics won't help you there, but add to it an excuse that doesn't make sense, I think you've been duped.

Iceblink Wrote:The professional pictures would be my first clue to question if this was a real person behind those photos. I know models are online and sometimes upload their professional shots, but they to have have phones with cameras and take real world, real life shots. The big thing here, though, is the time excuse when you asked him about skype. He found time to chat with you for hours, but skype takes too much time? How much more time consuming is skyppe than chat? It doesn't make sense. The refusal of skype itself, is a red flag because fake pics won't help you there, but add to it an excuse that doesn't make sense, I think you've been duped.

Yea, I didn't ask him to skype though, I asked for his american number so that we can get back to chatting on What'sapp again since he cancelled his along time ago.. anyway, if he isn't willing to come clean.. I'll just make a joke out of him and say that I was catfishing him haha

Is there any record of him at all in the places he claims to be? People searches usually bring up at least some minimal information on a person, even those not on the internet. He has no LinkedIn? No Facebook? No Twitter or Google+? Intelius.com or whitepages.com bring up nothing?

verysimple Wrote:....*I'll be posting more pics since I can only upload 5 per thread*
The model's name is Maxwell Zagorski. Do a google on his name and image search.

You couldn't find them using google image search because the cat fish flipped them horizontally. The way the image search works is it looks for patterns of digital data within the image to see if that pattern matches others. However, when you flip a picture horizontally, the pattern is reversed so google image doesn't find it (unless someone has posted the reverse somewhere online).

Anyway, this is your guy, right?

[Image: 600full-maxwell-zagorski.jpg]

This is the page it came from

Catfish suck.

BUT... if he actually helped you get through something, at least you have that! And that's a for real even if he isn't. Sad for him!

Nice job MikeW.!

VerySimple, I can't tell you what to do, but as someone who also had catfish experience (the guy thought I was dumb enough to send him money. *rolls eyes* needless to say, I didn't, and stopped speaking to him after that) I can tell you what I would do.

I would send him the link that MikeW found. http://www.listal.com/viewimage/4272453 and just say in the message with the link "so, do you want to tell me who you really are?" and see if he even has the nerve to answer back.
[Image: 51806835273_f5b3daba19_t.jpg]  <<< It's mine!

Good job, MikeW!