Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Cats Vs. Dogs Which do you prefer?
Just wondering what you folk prefer? cats? Dogs? Or neither? Also could you explain the reasons behind your decision?

I love both cats and dogs but I admit I slightly prefer dogs. Cats are low-maintenance. They take care of themselves and you don't have to clean up after them usually which is fantastic. But at the same time the attachment they form to their owners is a lot weaker. Research has shown that cats will drift to a new person when they find someone who is able to better provide for their needs. In other words, cats can be a bit selfish. But I still think they're so lovable and cute and you can gain their friendship, it just takes a bit longer than with dogs.

Dogs sometimes have the opposite problem. They can become too attached and follow you around everywhere which is really sweet but can be a bit annoying sometimes when you need peace! They are also high maintenance and require a lot of attention. Feeding, walking, cleaning up after, etc. Which really takes it out of you! But they are lovable, loyal, and unlike cats they are less inclined to abandon you. They seem to show more emotion than cats too.

So I'd say I prefer the qualities of a dog ,just about. Plus dogs trust you more and seem a bit friendlier than cats. I still love cats though.

I prefer dogs. I'm not in a position where I could have a dog (maybe in the future) but the fact that cats are low-maintenance and unattached is to me the most unappealing thing about them. There are some exceptions but generally cats just seem selfish whereas dogs love you no matter what and get so excited when you come home, play with them, give them food or do anything at all!

Cats. I think they're easier to care of. I don't have to get up early in a cold snowy morning to take cat to a walk. I like sphynx cats.

Cats :3 They're far more independent, but when they like you they show it.

Plus, most cats can sit on your lap to be petted. Few dogs can Laugh

dogs i just find them more loyal and caring.

I would have to say cats. I have had the same cat for 13 years. He is so lovable Smile

I love dogs and cats but my family has always had dogs. I want a kitty, its the only pussy I like :3

i reveal you a secret: I am a dog! XD

I love both dogs and cats, I'm an animal lover in general, but dogs... I really need a dog to improve my life, a big and funny dog, I'm waiting from a long time, but at the moment I still don't have the possibility to have this mate...

I've said this before but I'll say it again:

Dogs have masters, cats have servants.
"You can be young without money but you can't be old without money"
Maggie the Cat from "Cat on a Hot Tin Roof." by Tennessee Williams

To be honest, I would prefer a Bird(I mean besides the Turtles and Frogs I would have lol), a Lory to be exact, but for the context of this particular question; a Bull Mastiff. They're my favourite dog next to Poolies. So big and lovey covey ^•^. Although, I do like Egyptian Kitties Wink