Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Elizabeth Taylor RIP
Elizabeth Taylor died today, and since she was a big ally of the gay community (she helped to set up amfAR) from the early days when it was damaging to your career to openly speak out in support of gay rights, in particular with respect to the AIDS crisis in the 80s.

So, I thought it would be nice to create a little commemorative thread for her.

Beautiful woman with a beautiful heart. RIP.
[Image: elizabethtaylor.jpg]

[Image: blumenlinie2.gif]

RIP

[Image: blumenlinie2.gif]

[Image: elizabeth-taylor.jpg]

"What is the victory of a cat on a hot tin roof?

I wish I knew... Just staying on it, I guess, as long as she can..."

awwwwww RIP ELIZABETH TAYLOR although i didnt know her honestly

I am so sorry for her loss...she was a great friend to the gay community and she worked tirelessly int he fight against AIDS. When AIDS was first happening people like Elizabeth Taylor had a great impact on alot of the people who were dying as she showed compassion and caring...she was a great lady. RIP Liz

Though unknown perhaps to alot of you another great friend to the gay community who also worked tirelessly to fight AIDS died yesterday...Loleatta Holloway. I met her on a few occasions...wonderful lady. If you have never heard her music...she had some killer pipes. RIP Loleatta

R.I.P, You are a lenged in the gay's eyes Smile

Thanks, OrphanPip for this thread...
Yes, rest in peace, dear Liz. You were a beacon to the gay community and did a lot for your human fellows, especially those who were in distress when the AIDS crisis started to kick in.
Thanks also to Loleatta Holloway, whose pipes I don't think I know. Two great ladies.
Cry

princealbertofb Wrote:Thanks also to Loleatta Holloway, whose pipes I don't think I know. Two great ladies.
Cry

I just posted her stuff on the disco thread PA...you will know her when you hear her.

only thing i know is she was great friends with micheal jackson so they are both re united together again

RIP