Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Changes
East Wrote:Almost no one discusses this and mos tpeople get crazy when you even bring it up which has actually been a factor in my silence now that I think about it.
The left has been de-radicalized since the Reagan era. I was taught that the whole function of the liberal class was to *prevent* revolution by mitigating the contradictions of class struggle. I think this analysis is fairly accurate. The problem is it comes out of a social analysis that is closely tied with industrialization -- and we're way beyond that now. This is part of the problem, there is little (that I know of anyway) that speaks to the contradictions inherent in a post technological, global civilization.

When I was in high school and college I followed politics religiously. I watched news programs in the morning, read the campus newspaper, and surfed the web. Now I barely pay attention. I am tired of hearing Democrats telling everyone who doesn't agree with them to shut up, while preaching acceptance of everyone, except when they don't agree with you. I am tired of Republicans running and fighting for religious bigotry. I know they will never agree on everything but right now we need the moderates, the ones that can agree to be in charge instead of the extremists on both ends of the spectrum. But that will never happen because the extremists are the loudest and get the most campaigning support from their donors.

I feel that the reason we change is that we experience more of the world as we grow older. These experiences help us redefine our past experience and help shape our future experiences, hence why we change.

East, I'm not about to try to top the comments and insight you've already received.

I'll just say that from my perspective I'm sure you're still a puppy. Hang on!

Twist described it so well..

I had a friend. We were part of a larger group of friends. This one particularly good friend, at the time, turned out to be the most manipulative bastard and he managed to alter my perception of my fellow man. Like Twist, I used to believe in people without even considering the possibility of ulterior motives. That's no longer the case. I no longer care what is said or written. Instead I try to deduce the intent and reason what led to this answer/comment, to try and understand where this whole thing is actually headed.

I want to add, East, that as I see it, what is needed is some truly NEW thinking about our global, environmental, financial and political situation. For that to occur we need some truly "outside the box" analysis.

From my vantage point *some* of that thinking has been done. But, to date, no one has tied it all together in a way that is accessible by average educated people.

There are (for example) three movements that I'm aware of that are worthy of note. The first is The Zeitgeist Movement (aka TZM); the second is The Venus Project (aka TVP). For a time TZM was operating as the activist arm of TVP. However, due to personalities and complexities that would take too long to go into, TZM and TVP are now two independent organizations. There is also a third movement worth mention, called The Thrive Movement (aka THRIVE).

Although I am not a "member" of any of these movements, I do find them interesting and worthy of looking into. At the very least, they represent a step in the "out of the box" thinking I'm trying to point toward.

These contemporary moments are looking at the structures of power on the globalist stage -- such as our enslavement to an out of control fractional reserve banking system, our dependence on non-renewable energy, and a paradigm of "governance" that all these movements regard as antiquated.

I think it is fair to say that all these movements regard "revolutions" that advocate an overthrow of one form of government for another are equally *antiquated* idea sets. (I agree with this, BTW.)

By contrast, they all point toward the possibility of *real revolutions* -- such as was the agricultural revolution and the more recent industrial and technological revolutions -- as being the true determining factors for human future. From this POV, we are rapidly moving toward a post-technological global civilization that, currently, is under the control of monetary monopolies (the world bank et al). Government has become the "hand maiden" of global megalopolies, mostly corporate, greed and wealth driven. Government's function in this context is to keep us (the working class) "in line" by using what is called "full spectrum dominance." That is, the complete control of our "perception" of what is humanly possible. << This is key. If we (as human beings) begin to understand that what is possible for us is far beyond what we're currently being led to believe, *everything* can and will change.

Meanwhile, post-technological engineering has made the paradigm of "governance" irrelevant. It is being kept in place by those who benefit the most from it -- that is the upper classes who live in a world view that is historically tied to hierarchy, elitism and class dominance. AKA "dominator culture."

Within this context (for example) renewable energy resources are considered *a threat* to hierarchical monopoly capital interests. That is, one cannot control the perceived value of currency if one cannot control the value of the energy upon which that currency rests. (This actually explains a lot of what is going on currently in the Indo-European world stage. It isn't ONLY our reliance on non-renewable energy, it is that AND our CURRENCY is valued in energy terms, [petro dollars].)

Renewable energy, by contrast, is energy that any person, group of people or group of nations can generate *without* relying on any market hierarchy -- thus, in essence, making that system (and market hierarchy) "obsolete".

Hopefully that makes some sense. We, as human beings, no longer need THEM -- and they know it.

Quote:I want this country to realize that we stand on the edge of oblivion. I want everyone to remember *why* they need us! ~ Dictator, Adam Sutler (V for Vendetta)

In any case, all these movements (in various ways) put forward the idea that we (humanity) is at a crosswords in social evolution. Watch this brief video to give you a "heads up."

Peter Joseph, btw, is the founder of TZM. If you're interested in this, here he is in a longer interview:

I am right leaning an my views will never change, I don't expect I can change others, for days I can not even think about it otherwise I would get lost, when I walk by the river it doesn't concern me and sometimes I think it would be nice to be "left" but Im not going to debate anymore. Im tired of it, especially words, not spoken.

My new school, currently, the first one where I've built new friends of my own, and a new lifestyle I'm living now, a relatively peaceful one.