Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Changing tastes in guys
Alright I've got like tons of questions that I've always wanted to ask but never felt like I could so you all bear with me Smile But one thing that has been on my mind recently has been that before I came out, I was attracted to a certain "type" of guy. Not that I didn't find other types cute, but what really turned me on was a big, burly, even chubby kinda guy. But since I came out I've found that I'm more open (no pun intended) to different types. In fact, the guy that I'm with now is only "borderline" on what I use to be exclusively attracted to. But then again, with him it's more than his physical appearance. So I was just curious I anyone else had experienced this.

This taste can change often .. because it´´s not really important. You may have your special type of man in your brain ... but if you meet exactly this type and something is wrong, he is maybe stupid like a walnut or smells bad ... whatever.. you lose any interest... and a other type, maybe really not your type has what you need.... charme, intelligence.. you choose this type.
Or just age .... as I was 18 older guys were just "out of my view"... today I´´m attracted by guys my age, too ... and guys of 18 I just see like a bigger brother ...or maybe a daddy... but as a Life-Partner they are out of view.

I always wanted a husband who had the same interests as i had. a straight husband/ wife relationship is possible even when both partners have many differences. i guess i had no idea how things could work.

That's what I was getting at with the guy I'm with now. He is so charming, and intelligent beyond his years. He's caring and considerate, witty and down right hilarious at times, but also knows when to be serious. Plus it doesn't hurt that he's damn sexy as well! :biggrin:

My taste in men... *Freddy Mercury*! I love that type: strong yet sensitive. Masculine but a hint of femininity.

But, then again, I do NOT judge only by looks and am open to a real sweet-heart of really any type, I suppose.

I believe in love, togetherness and commitment. Those are the most important things.

Yes, Archubbycub, I think it's normal. Part of your sexuality feeds on your fantasies... which, since they are fantasies, will never come true. They may define your ideal, in some way. Then there's reality... and reality involves also feelings and all sorts of material things, such as those that Fenris evoked. So your fantasy image subsides to let reality take a hold on your life... when you know that you don't have all that much choice. You feel lucky to have found a like minded person, and one that makes you laugh, think, fall in love with their personality and maybe even their body and sex appeal... What a bonus!

archubbycub Wrote:. . . But then again, with him it's more than his physical appearance.

It always is. Wink

tastes in men def do change or evolve over time. i think that's normal for most guys.

Trust me by the time you get to my age , the only change you look for is Maturity .:biggrin:

Yes, as I became older my tastes began to change. I am now 29 and I like many more types of men than I did when I was 18.