Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Chat room
Every time I come here of late, I notice no one uses the chat room anymore. Is there a reason why so many of you exclude the chatroom. Bad experience, to many predators, just shy? Meet some of my best internet family in chat, don't let something be an obstacle. This is how we get to know each other on a faster conversation, Jim
[Image: images?q=tbn%3AANd9GcRz-Six7p24KDjrx1F_V...A&usqp=CAU]

A long time ago on here I would chat with PrinceAlbert often which was always very enjoyable and still is when he occasionally drops by...I quite like talking to him....

He is easy to talk to though and it flows and he doesn't just say one word and wait for you to fill in the silence...which is why I don't do it anymore. It is usually majorly uncomfortable.....

The one word stuff and hash tag language is just not my thing...and I usually liked the people who did the one word thing and if I was in person talking to them with eye contact and body language it would be different...

....and a lot of the talk when I used to go in the chat here (maybe around 2009 or 2010) was about coming out and I avoid those conversations if at all possible because it just isn't my thing and I know my limitations....plus I don't really like to flirt much online

I'm never really online for long. I just dip in and out throughout the day so not really around long enough for chatting in the chat room. Sorry boys.

I also only drop in and out between other things on-line.

I'm not very good in Chat any more either. I don't flirt and can't really keep up with multi-party conversations the way I could 15 years ago, or...as East noted...the slow moving, single word conversations that rely on txtspk glyphs. I prefer to have time to gather my thoughts on a topic and to compose a thoughtful reply to a question.

Rareboy Wrote:I also only drop in and out between other things on-line.

I'm not very good in Chat any more either. I don't flirt and can't really keep up with multi-party conversations the way I could 15 years ago, or...as East noted...the slow moving, single word conversations that rely on txtspk glyphs. I prefer to have time to gather my thoughts on a topic and to compose a thoughtful reply to a question.

I wish my replies where deeply thought out. I just read the question and ramble my way into a reply. God knows if anyone actually finds it useful!!

Sometimes a spontaneous approach provides the clearest and freshest thought.

I also think part of it is that the chat room is empty because the chat room is empty. People who might be inclined to go in might not bother since they see that no one else is in there. And then since it's empty all the time, they'll rightly assume that, well, it's empty all the time. Personally I don't really have the time or desire to go in there these days

For those of you who like to compose well crafted replies just write a few ahead of time and copy and paste. The results can be astounding.
I bid NO Trump!

I miss the chat room , but mainly because I miss the people I used to chat with ,,, I don't know half the people here like we did when we all used the chat room - you sort of get to know people better and can do private chat when u both have a certain interest - but that was the past so I guess its gone now