Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
"Cheaters always get caught"
The collective wisdom on the board seems to suggest that justice is always served when a cheater, sooner or later, is inevitably caught.

But I wonder if this idea is merely a platitude--something we tell each other to quell our simmering suspicions. Don't some cheaters get away with it, for ever and ever???

Or, on the other hand, is it a Truth; a Natural Law? Is Karma truly a bitch?

Discuss.

There's no such thing as karma.

Some people take comfort in seeing cheaters caught. It makes them feel less likely to go through similar, or at least more likely to find out if it is happening.
I don't think it's such a bad thing to allow people such a comfort. Even if it the comfort doesn't have much truth to it.

We all have to ignore the possibility of cheaters who never get caught, at least when examining our own relationships, to have healthy relationship free of paranoia.

I honestly don't know of a cheater that got away with it forever but then, I guess if they are getting away with it, we don't know they are cheating so, we can't tell you they are.

And that pretty well explains it, we hear about those that get caught, not those that don't.

Anonymous Wrote:The collective wisdom on the board seems to suggest that justice is always served when a cheater, sooner or later, is inevitably caught.

But I wonder if this idea is merely a platitude--something we tell each other to quell our simmering suspicions. Don't some cheaters get away with it, for ever and ever???

Or, on the other hand, is it a Truth; a Natural Law? Is Karma truly a bitch?

Discuss.

Of course some people never get discovered. But the guilt and self-disgust they might feel is of their own making. If they get discovered, and things go badly, blaming karma hardly seems justifiable.

The justice is often the pain the cheater caused themselves.

If you have known someone for a few year sand he starts cheating; well is impossible to hide the slight change in personality

I personally believe there are two types of "cheaters" out there.
The first I'd say there are the people who have slipped up once or twice while under the influence of alcohol or narcotics and have not intentionally gone out of their way to cheat on their partners and then end up feeling the guilt and hurt caused by such actions.
While there is no excuse for cheating there such is such precursors that make people do such things without thinking and can even pull the most faithful person a stray.

Then there are the people who purposely go out of their way to do so, for what ever reason that it may be.
Knowingly hurting and causing distress on their partner or doing it on the DL.
Either way i personally believe eventually it will come out in the end in some shape or form, whether their still together, friends or now mortal enemies the truth will and always does come out.
Just remember people in this community we live in love to talk, where always being watched.

it also depends on what you define as cheating. and the severity of the offence you take form the act.

emotional or physical.

some people can not fathom the idea of an open relationship because the thought of their beloved sharing their body with someone else is abhorrent. to other people its just sex, no more intimate than a very enjoyable game or sport.

some people are more upset with their partner for emotionally bonding with someone else, jealousy can be strong

I've said this once before, but the last "relationship" I had ended because he confessed to cheating.

Call it saving face perhaps?

Varanus Wrote:Then there are the people who purposely go out of their way to do so, for what ever reason that it may be.
Knowingly hurting and causing distress on their partner or doing it on the DL.
Either way i personally believe eventually it will come out in the end in some shape or form, whether their still together, friends or now mortal enemies the truth will and always does come out.

I truly do hope karma is real as I'm dealing with the aftermath of being cheated on by this type of cheater... It's not fun, it shattered my trust in the guilty party and destroyed a family.

stpdo2 Wrote:I truly do hope karma is real as I'm dealing with the aftermath of being cheated on by this type of cheater... It's not fun, it shattered my trust in the guilty party and destroyed a family.

Its never an easy path now, being hurt and having your trust thrown back at you like that is not something i would wish upon anyone.
While it has shattered your trust in the "guilty party" dont let this affect you personally as hard as it may be learn to trust again, yes its hard at the start but it eventually becomes easier.
Dont let this affect you to the point you become one of those bitter old queens who does nothing but complain and throw around abuse.