Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Chick Fil-A and other anti gay companies
I agree with you, Bhp, but there will always be gays who are happy to take advantage of the gains made by those who stick to their principles while having none of their own. I don't have room for such people in my life.

There are other companies I will not use for issues other than gay rights. I will not use Hobby Lobby because of their stance on health care and contraception. I will not go to Applebee's or Papa John's because of their maneuvering to try and deny employees health care. If there was any way possible to do it in the U.S., and there are very few places it is not possible in the U.S., I would not own a car or ever put gas in a vehicle. And banks- I despise them.

I'm also strong in my principles and avoid companies who I find repulsive for one reason or another.

Iceblink Wrote:There are other companies I will not use for issues other than gay rights. I will not use Hobby Lobby because of their stance on health care and contraception. I will not go to Applebee's or Papa John's because of their maneuvering to try and deny employees health care. If there was any way possible to do it in the U.S., and there are very few places it is not possible in the U.S., I would not own a car or ever put gas in a vehicle. And banks- I despise them.

I'm pretty shaken to learn that big banks are still discriminating against black people in the US. The city of LA just sued JP Morgan Chase over it

Healthcare: Darden Restaurants (Olive Garden, Red Lobster,...) sits in Orlando and tried that with their employees last year. After a newspaper article their revenue here saw a noticeable dip.
Bernd

Being gay is not for Sissies.

Bhp91126 Wrote:I'm pretty shaken to learn that big banks are still discriminating against black people in the US. The city of LA just sued JP Morgan Chase over it

Just because they got sued, doesn't mean they're doing it, at least not for racially motivated reasons. I've said before, big business is big into diversity these days.

I suspect that what you'll find, if anything, is a disparate impact argument based on economic decisions. No one wants to be accused of discrimination.