Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Chick-Fil-A and the Westboro Baptist Church
It's well know that Chick-Fil-A supports anti gay so, I'm not surprised if they did find a way to fund organizations that claim to "pray the gay away".

Westboro Baptist is different in that they not only condemn gays, they also condemn the USA, soldiers, and literally thank God for 9/11 and dead soldiers. This causes the other antigay groups (including the KKK!) to not have anything to do with them (though they were fine with them when they restricted themselves to bashing gays). And many antigay groups have claimed Westboro are actually liberals pretending to be antigay to make the rest of them look bad.

In short, even if CFA decided they liked Westboro they still wouldn't openly support them as that would tick off the fundies they're trying to woo.

And I don't think Westboro "pray the gay away" I think their message is "it's too late." Also, though my memory on this is vague, I think the vast majority of members are all related (even if only by marriage).

All in all, this rumor doesn't sound credible. But not to worry, there's plenty of valid reason to hate and/or pity CFA as it is. :tongue:

TheWestboro Baptist Church supports a "kill a gay today" position.and a "if you don't like killing gays God will punish you." Philosophy.

Sent from my NookColor using Tapatalk 2

Great that's all we need.