Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Children and Fast Food?
This is one thing that bugs me, my sister treats mcdonalds as a treat for the kids, my nephew will not eat veg and would eat chicken nuggets for the rest of his life.

If he was my kid I would do what parents do when they catch their kids smoking, forc'em to smoke the whole pack!

But I don't think McDonalds should be viewed like a treat, I think you should bring up kids to hate the place.

The only reason I would want kids is to show my method of bringing them up is better Roflmao, no TV no video games no computers, a pack of cards or some tiddely winks.
Keep them away from the media thats what screws up kids!

To be fair I think the experience of having a child probably changes your perspective on children and child-rearing ...

Personally I would have no problem taking my child/ren to McDonalds as a treat, but I wouldn't want it to become a habit - I think if you CAN instill good eating habits in your kids then so much the better, but come 6pm on a Friday when they're full of beans and you're feeling like a cup of tea and a sit down but they wanna play Play PLAY and you HAVE to think of something to do with them and you're tired and fed up and haven't got any food in and don't know what to do and are about to scream ?

Then McDonalds is an option !!

Confusedmile:.

xx

!?!?! Shadow !?!?!

P.s. A life without video games ????????? Shoot me now !!!!!!

Shadow Wrote:To be fair I think the experience of having a child probably changes your perspective on children and child-rearing ...

Personally I would have no problem taking my child/ren to McDonalds as a treat, but I wouldn't want it to become a habit - I think if you CAN instill good eating habits in your kids then so much the better, but come 6pm on a Friday when they're full of beans and you're feeling like a cup of tea and a sit down but they wanna play Play PLAY and you HAVE to think of something to do with them and you're tired and fed up and haven't got any food in and don't know what to do and are about to scream ?

Then McDonalds is an option !!

Confusedmile:.

xx

!?!?! Shadow !?!?!

P.s. A life without video games ????????? Shoot me now !!!!!!

Instead of saying for a treat you can have mcdonalds though you can say somin like, you can eat a nasty take away, and they rag on it like hell saying how nasty it is Big Grin

Hi Card,
Being a step parent to an 11 year old boy at my tender age of 23 is a challenge i can tell you.. He loves mc donalds as well and computers etc etc.. I however have spoken with my boyfriend about his sons meals and stated that if his son comes over to our place he can start fogetting the fatty foods.. His son is very spoilt by his mother and allowed allsorts of crap junk food which pisses me off because it isnt fair on him in the long run as he gets older his health will suffer as a result.. I have been moaned at by him on being made to walk 4 miles along a river and i said to him you may get away with things by your parents but your spoilt attitude doesnt work with me.. Mind u im alot like my great granddad in his walk of life

kindest rehgards

zeon x

I really do not get why people would go any where near Macdonald's, its worser than a Kebab take away.

The only takeaway thats ok is the old Fish and Chips shop.

But over all if you feed yours kids an balanced diet, which id really hard theses days, it shouldnt matter if in a blue moon you have a Macdonald's or etc.

But to my opinion Macdonald's is sick!

CardShark Wrote:This is one thing that bugs me, my sister treats mcdonalds as a treat for the kids, my nephew will not eat veg and would eat chicken nuggets for the rest of his life.

If he was my kid I would do what parents do when they catch their kids smoking, forc'em to smoke the whole pack!

But I don't think McDonalds should be viewed like a treat, I think you should bring up kids to hate the place.

The only reason I would want kids is to show my method of bringing them up is better Roflmao, no TV no video games no computers, a pack of cards or some tiddely winks.
Keep them away from the media thats what screws up kids!

lol you sound the same as Oliver Cromwell lol!

zeon Wrote:Hi Card,
Being a step parent to an 11 year old boy at my tender age of 23 is a challenge i can tell you.. He loves mc donalds as well and computers etc etc.. I however have spoken with my boyfriend about his sons meals and stated that if his son comes over to our place he can start fogetting the fatty foods.. His son is very spoilt by his mother and allowed allsorts of crap junk food which pisses me off because it isnt fair on him in the long run as he gets older his health will suffer as a result.. I have been moaned at by him on being made to walk 4 miles along a river and i said to him you may get away with things by your parents but your spoilt attitude doesnt work with me.. Mind u im alot like my great granddad in his walk of life

kindest rehgards

zeon x

LOL good on you!

sweetlad86 Wrote:lol you sound the same as Oliver Cromwell lol!

thanks Biggrina

Sword2

sweetlad86 Wrote:Sword2

Now why are you rubbing your stick with the yellow one who i could only imagen is chardshark hehe Wink

kindest regards

zeon x

I shall hold back my size jokes. Roflmao