Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Children ...
Ok ... two questions rolled into one really ...

1) Would you like to have children someday; and
2) How would you react if one of your children turned out to be gay ?

!?!?! Shadow !?!?!

Yes, I would like to have children (or one child...), but I know that will be difficult. For the second question, it will not be a tragedy for me, because I will love him.

Oh G-d no. I do NOT want a child. I'll stick w/ animals. At least when you spank your dog you only get fined, you spank your child you go to jail. But seriously, I avoid children like the plague.

If by some twist of fate I wound up w/ a child, I could care less what sexuality they are, I just want them to be healthy.

Hell no!! Kids have been off my agenda for years! Can't stand them.

Like futureRD - I'll keep to having animals instead.

Very interesting answers so far ...

I personally would love to have kids - two boys (like my parents had with me and my brother), even though they would undoubtedly get stick at having two gay parents, I would do my best to raise them as best I could, and love them as my own, even if they were adopted.

... unfortunately my partner doesn't view things the same way, and so it is a rather moot point.

If I were to find out one of my kids was gay it wouldn't phase me in the slightest ... I would, however, have tried in the run-up to teach them that it doesn't matter what they do, who they love or what they become as long as they are happy with their lives ... and that no matter what they did, it would never change my love for them ...

Who knows ... one day I might get the chance to put my theory into practice ... but until then, we'll be a 2 guys with pets family too Confusedmile:.

!?!?! Shadow !?!?!

Cant compare kids to chihuahuas or cats!

I d like to have kids later in life when i will have the life experience and financial security i am after. Dont expect to be with a partner to do that i am not sure he will ever come, and single gay men in the UK can now adopt. Of course its not easy , your life is scrutinized by a social worker like for 3 years or more and then takes time to link you with a child. However if i am in a position to offer a child security, stability and love i ll go for it.

Their sexuality would be irrelevant to me they can be whatever they want but a criminal, fraud or drug addict.

I hate kids. I would never bring that up in a relationship. Only if my partner wants kids would I begin to consider it. I hate them, brats.

I wouldn't mind having a kid someday. I would try to adopt since I would want to help an unfortunate kid.
If I had a kid who turned out to be gay, I wouldn't mind in the least. I mean you are who you are, nothing can change that. I just don't want him/her becoming a drug addict.

Hhhhhmmmm,

Thought I would when I was younger....then came out and had years where I didn't much think about them. Then my sister had hers and it got my genes in a twist :-) and I had a couple of years of real....thought about them. The problem is is that it would take too much work for my partner and I (would definately HAVE to be mine...no adoption) to actually make it work.

We talked to a couple in San Francisco and they were spending $100,000 to have a child of their own and it had taken almost three years. That means with finding an egg donar, a surrogate, dealings with the lawyers...zzzzzz.....then insemination and waiting, we are talking years. Since we are both in our forties already it's pretty much out of the question.

If it happened the natural way like it does for hetero's and we accidentaly got pregnant I'd be happy. But not much chance of that...and then all the talk shows we'd have to do would make us pretty crap parents!

As for sexuality? I'd prefer a gay child...then I could pass on all my wisdom :-) But wouldn't be bothered either way.

actually i've been thinking about that lately. no i would not like to have any children, but if i did i'm sure i wouldn't care at all if they were gay