Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Chinese Food
Does anyone else love Chinese Food? It is probably my greatest guilty pleasure...and not just the food....

I love the vibe in the restaurants and everything that goes with it. I love an old traditional Chinese Restaurant that has been around for years....and I especially love the restaurants where all the Chinese people eat....PAY ATTENTION LOL....some of them don't even have signs on the outside of the building in SF...you just have to know what doorway to go into....

EVERYTHING is my favorite thing on the menu...depends on when you ask me....

The one thing I hate...Buffets with pre-made food...BARF...and when they fry up meat in little balls and dump sweet and sour sauce on it...BARF again.....

Right now my favorite is Sizzling Rice Soup and Shredded Pork with Spicy Garlic Sauce

[Image: sizzling_rice_chinese_soup.gif]

[Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTR_irjUYXzZHXdsQgUxNE...wxtcSHbnu3]

My best friend growing up was Chinese and I was always at their house and they kind of adopted me into their family I guess and I would sometimes get to go to the weddings or big parties in SF....OMG...the food was always fabulous.....plus eating dinner at their house (a lot) and she always cooked strictly Chinese food...the best...

* Raises Hand*

We love Chinese food ....but like you...only good, fresh Chinese food. (particlularly Szechuan) We've had a couple of go-to restaurants over the years but they have all closed as the 'All you can eat' mediocre buffet restaurants take their business. Even in Toronto it is harder to find really great Chinese restaurants now and out here in the wilds.......help!!! There is one that has opened in a village nearby and if they don't rely on pre-made shit like many of them do now....we'll give it a try.

Chinese food? Yummy! Smile

[Image: 1(659).jpg]

Youtiao Smile

[Image: 54b76a92-aee2-4a29-b282-d512f8aaf948.jpg]

Wanton Noodles Smile

[Image: Chee_cheong_fun.jpg]

Chee Cheong Fun Smile

[Image: tangyuan.jpg]

Tangyuan Smile

These are my favourite Chinese dishes Smile

Chinese food, hmmmm..., yummy.\

[Image: Arranged_century_egg_on_a_plate.jpg]

Mmmmm I love Chinese food. But then Im Chinese. But I also like French, Japanese, modern European bla bla bla. Lol

ck86 Wrote:Mmmmm I love Chinese food. But then Im Chinese. But I also like French, Japanese, modern European bla bla bla. Lol

As long as it's food, you like it. :biggrin:

I like the Americanized Chinese food with local veggies and meats/sea-food, but "authentic" things like tofu, squid, sea-cucumbers, 1000 year old eggs and others send me flying out the door.
Bernd

Being gay is not for Sissies.

I only draw the line at endangered species dishes and chicken feet.

Bhp91126 Wrote:As long as it's food, you like it. :biggrin:

I like the Americanized Chinese food with local veggies and meats/sea-food, but "authentic" things like tofu, squid, sea-cucumbers, 1000 year old eggs and others send me flying out the door.

Indeed. I am a lover or food. God knows why Im not overweight. I keep on being told I'll loose my massive metabolism when I hit 30...

Rareboy Wrote:I only draw the line at endangered species dishes and chicken feet.

Well yeah that and also shark fin soup. Not sure if the rumours about them cutting off the fun then putting the poor still alive shark back into the ocean is true but I'm not risking causing suffering.

ck86 Wrote:Indeed. I am a lover or food. God knows why Im not overweight. I keep on being told I'll loose my massive metabolism when I hit 30...
Enjoy that metabolism while you can. (Seething with envy here, I only have to smell chocolate to gain a pound) :biggrin:
Bernd

Being gay is not for Sissies.