Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Chinese Food
I'm sure that what I've had is similarly "Americanized" ([MENTION]CellarDweller[/MENTION] you know China Garden or Seasons in Clifton?) but it was made-to-order, not a buffet.

I'm actually eating Chinese food right now lol.

I love Chinese food. Sizzling Rice Soup is also one of my faves! It's my go to soup order at Chinese restaurants when given the choice. I also really like West Lake Beef soup, if you haven't tried it before. Living in a metropolitan California location, I eat Chinese food quite often. I always go for traditional Chinese cuisine when I can...

Stinky tofu...the stinkier the better. I love jellyfish strips, pigs ears, preserved eggs....you name it.

meridannight Wrote:that thing looks like it's alive....

i don't think i've ever had genuine Chinese food. i've only had that 'barf' kind (don't know if it was pre-made). some of it was okay, don't get me wrong. but it was some Chinese ''restaurant'' in Europe run by Europeans and the food made by European cooks....i don't think that qualifies as Chinese food. or maybe it does. my experience with Chinese food is very very scarce, so i don't really know. all i know, is the only Chinese stuff i've eaten was not made by Chinese, and it didn't leave a lasting impression. it's good for a change though.

edit: read some posts and i DO NOT eat seafood. yuck! i don't know how many Chinese dishes are made of seafood, but...yuck, vomit.....if most Chinese stuff is made of that i'll keep my distance.

i also don't eat rice. so the noodle stuff is practically the only thing i could eat...unless there's something else i'm missing here... maybe there's a reason i've has so little contact with this particular cuisine.

What kind of meat do you like meridian? You can easily avoid any kind of seafood and also rice and/or noodles eating Chinese..but I would suggest having Chinese from an authentic Chinese heritage Chef......

The pork in the photo is very tender and thin...and now that you mention it...it does kind of look alive...like a plate of worms LOL....and with the spicy garlic sauce it is so damn good. A similar dish visually and with a similar texture is the Mu Shu Pork with the plum sauce but it isn't as spicy That is my current order along with the sizzling rice soup but I have been all over the menu and there isn't much I don't like. The only thing I can think of that I don't like much is Egg Foo Young....and I don't like deep fried meats with too much breading and too sweet sauce...

I love seafood BTW...seafood and chicken are the two meats I eat the most. I don't care for beef very much.

I have only had American Chinese food, but I love it. Take out or buffets. My favorites are chicken and mushrooms, Diced Almond Chicken, Vegetable Lo Mein and shrimp any way.

East Wrote:What kind of meat do you like meridian? You can easily avoid any kind of seafood and also rice and/or noodles eating Chinese..but I would suggest having Chinese from an authentic Chinese heritage Chef......

The pork in the photo is very tender and thin...and now that you mention it...it does kind of look alive...like a plate of worms LOL....and with the spicy garlic sauce it is so damn good. A similar dish visually and with a similar texture is the Mu Shu Pork with the plum sauce but it isn't as spicy That is my current order along with the sizzling rice soup but I have been all over the menu and there isn't much I don't like. The only thing I can think of that I don't like much is Egg Foo Young....and I don't like deep fried meats with too much breading and too sweet sauce...

i like chicken, pork, turkey, and beef. basically, as long as it walks on land, it's ok. although i've never had lamb, for example, and can't vouch for that. i've had Teriyaki beef, which is a Japanese thing, and i liked that. it's actually one of my go-to dishes if i want to mix it up a bit.

i want to try genuine Chinese (with the exception of seafood and rice) from an actual Chinese chef, but where i'm at there aren't any. and it's difficult for me to tell how authentic a Chinese food is having never eaten anything made by an actual Chinese chef.

your pork thing looks eatable though (although a picture is barely anything to go by).

but, having grown up on this:

[Image: spaghetti-carbonara.jpg]

this:

[Image: pasta-italiana.jpg]

and this:

[Image: 01-lasagne-alla-bolognese.jpg]

some of the Chinese food looks either scary or downright bland to me (yeah i know it's not an argument as far as taste goes, but it does clearly differ visually from the Mediterranean dishes, which i at least can identify by looking at them). there was one picture here that looked like eggs in a water (i know it's flour balls, or something)....that doesn't look tasty to me at all. maybe it's just psychological. i grew up on a wholly different diet, and it didn't include anything outside Europe, i'm really not used to it.

sorry if i'm being a bit difficult about this. i have tried Chinese, it didn't impress me, but then again i don't think i've had authentic Chinese, so the jury is still out on that one.

/double post somehow

I much prefer asian food, to the dull northern european food. Potatoes, random meat and a sauce to match stops being fun at age 8.
Mind you, I was fed boring potatoes every evening of my life until I left home. Some people actually enjoy eating potatoes, which I will never understand. Sadly.

Atleast I got fed. #FirstWorldProblems

Cuddly Wrote:I much prefer asian food, to the dull northern european food. Potatoes, random meat and a sauce to match stops being fun at age 8.
Mind you, I was fed boring potatoes every evening of my life until I left home. Some people actually enjoy eating potatoes, which I will never understand. Sadly.

Atleast I got fed. #FirstWorldProblems

If Danish food is anything like Icelandic food, you have my sympathies.

Cuddly Wrote:Atleast I got fed. #FirstWorldProblems

you have a positive way of looking at things.

i agree with you on potatoes, BUT my mom knew to make the best potatoes and sauce in the world. i will never get enough of that. (then again, i will never get enough of pasta either, i've had it all my life and i could eat it forever. it's seriously the best culinary invention in the world. go figure).

potatoes can be made very tasty, actually. if they're fried in the oven, they're good. and one American guy taught me to use rosemary on them, i'd never tasted potatoes so good as with how he did it. rosemary's become a staple for me now with potatoes, the rare occasions i do decide to make them.

mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm [MENTION=21405]meridannight[/MENTION] ....

I grew up on that too...I love Italian....I have my favorite go to Italian Restaurant now for 40 years.....

In high school when my friend worked downtown and I picked him up from work I used to love to sit at the counter and hear the chefs swear LOL...I have a few Italian restaurants I love but Original Joes is my favorite one...

So...let me ask...do you like spicy food? zucchini? ......You might like Szechuan style if bland is the problem though I never really have anything bland at the Chinese Restaurants......the opposite for me actually...