Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Cholesterol and Statins
InbetweenDreams Wrote:Not sure if this is true or not but somewhere I read or heard that the life expectancy has gone up mainly due to the decrease of infant mortality... I'll have to look into that, because I do know that there are plenty of people who lived to be very old back in the day

Being the family historian I can confirm both factors to be true and it would only be reasonable to assume that it would play a role in those figures.

Japan would be the best place to look for that sort of evidence, but over all I would also say it is fair to assume, without researching too much, that per capita there would be more people over 60 now than 100 years ago which in turn has created the increased pressure on countries like Australia, New Zealand, USA and UK individual welfare systems.

Yeah not saying that things aren't moving in the right direction with medical technology but I do think in many ways privatizing has led to the corruption and making up diseases and over prescribing and over treating conditions, such as "lowering the risk" stuff...

Obviously my mom would have been gone 10 years ago if there was no such thing as heart bypass surgery.... Nor would we have linked that smoking kills people, I know it left its mark on me for sure...which I could go back and tell my 15 year old self not to start, among other things, I think I could have been a pretty good athlete in school if I was allowed...but I got what I got and knowing we only move forward I just have to work with what I got...
"I’m not expecting to grow flowers in a desert, but I can live and breathe and see the sun in wintertime"
Check out my stuff!

Here's some Aussie facts

http://www.abs.gov.au/AUSSTATS/[email protected]/...10Mar+2011