Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Choose Your Favorite Pro-War Candidate - by John Pilger
HollandofFrance Wrote:gee i hate to visit England and get in a barroom brawl over a dead Cromwell because i have a loud mouth -thanks for the tip
[SIZE="3"][COLOR="Navy"]
You don't need to shout to get into a pub fight in Merry England there's usually one going on somewhere in this England every minute, we are a violent nation!!![/COLOR][/SIZE]

Almac Wrote:[SIZE="3"][COLOR="Navy"]
You don't need to shout to get into a pub fight in Merry England there's usually one going on somewhere in this England every minute, we are a violent nation!!![/COLOR][/SIZE]

maybe thats why my great great great grandfather left and got on wooden boat for a long ocean trip

i wouldn't be surprised if they left to get away from Cromwell types but who knows ,and i guess im somehow related to the" bastard "William the conqueror who built the tower on London

a cousin i think

i should read a book about Cromwell

im protestant still i guess yet think somewhat like a catholic

yet i know nothing maybe except where i wanna go

Brittany France maybe

HollandofFrance Wrote:maybe thats why my great great great grandfather left and got on wooden boat for a long ocean trip

i wouldn't be surprised if they left to get away from Cromwell types but who knows ,and i guess im somehow related to the" bastard "William the conqueror who built the tower on London

a cousin i think

i should read a book about Cromwell

im protestant still i guess yet think somewhat like a catholic

yet i know nothing maybe except where i wanna go

Brittany France maybe

You write very incoherently, jumping from one topic to another without any transition. Also, you write things like "The Tower ON London" instead of "The Tower of London". In my experience, that is not how native English speakers write nor Native Americans.

When I think of Native American literature, I think of Joy Harjo . . . who is not incoherent and doesn't confuse on and of.

[Image: joy-harjo.jpg]

http://www.poetryfoundation.org/poem/179781

Natecott Wrote:I'm not sure of the purity of this statement. He, as far as I remember, supported Cromwell's rule until it, of course, ended, and things went south (not a bad pun, I'd say).

Milton remained a republican and strongly resistant to the Restoration. When Oliver Cromwell became the Lord Protectorate, Milton was a strong supporter, but as the years progressed he grew increasingly dissatisfied with the way things were run, and then he eventually turned more towards other anti-Cromwellian republicans.

Inchante Wrote:You write very incoherently, jumping from one topic to another without any transition. Also, you write things like "The Tower ON London" instead of "The Tower of London". In my experience, that is not how native English speakers write nor Native Americans.

When I think of Native American literature, I think of Joy Harjo . . . who is not incoherent and doesn't confuse on and of.

[Image: joy-harjo.jpg]

http://www.poetryfoundation.org/poem/179781

the tower of London rather

exxxxcuuuussse me ! as steve martin says

no ones entitled to a typo?

its obvious what i meant

i wish i was a better writer is my dream

i wanted to be a songwriter as well

edit

i wish my writing was better and more correct and was in styleowed the gret intellect that sh

i wish my writing was better and more correct and was in a style that showed the great intellect that i posses and am endowed with

why thefusk does my computer back space on its own and add to my goddamn spelling English writing problem?

fuck it all to hell!!!1

HollandofFrance Wrote:the tower of London rather

exxxxcuuuussse me ! as steve martin says

no ones entitled to a typo?

its obvious what i meant

Sorry. I was certainly not intending to insult you. It was something that I had noticed, and that lead me to think that you were not a Native English speaker. That was my only point. Writing skill varies widely and not only within the English Language. It does take a good amount of work. I am FAR from perfect in my writing, especially in spelling, and I have a degree in English . . . It does not help that the language is not phonetic and that grammar is constantly changing and even differs between styles, regions, disciplines. and nations. It can be hard to keep straight.

http://nuenglish.org/1-en-faqs.htm

Why is English spelling so difficult, so messed up?

English pronunciation has changed greatly over the centuries, but spelling hasn’t kept up. The Great Vowel Shift (between Middle English and Modern English) greatly widened the gap between spelling and pronunciation.

England has a history of conquest, or being conquered, by force and later by colonization. English has “borrowed“ many words from other languages, with little change of spelling but much change of pronunciation. The Angles, Saxons and Jutes conquered most of the British Isles. Then the Romans (Latin) conquered England. Then the Vikings (Danish, Swedish and Norwegian) conquered the northern parts. Then Normans (French) conquered England under William the Conqueror. French was the official language of England for 3 centuries. Then the English commoners took back their country, providing grist for the Robin Hood tales. Then England became the greatest seafaring nation, colonizing Gibraltar (borrowing from Spanish), India (Hindi and other languages), Hong Kong and Singapore (Chinese), North America (various Indian languages), and other places. English is a smorgasbord or melange of languages! (Note: smögåsbord is Swedish, and mélange is French!)

Almac Wrote:Now do you feel better after that outburst...! Mary Queen of Scots was reared in France and so thought like a French woman, her cousin Elizabeth I no doubt was a brilliant monarch considering she ruled in a male patriarchal England. No Cromwell did not burn the Irish harp unless one was flying around when he was in charge of the campaign in Ireland..! For me and many English people Cromwell will always be a great leader unless you're saying you hate the English as well??

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Charles_I_of_England

Charles' son, Charles II, who dated his accession from the death of his father, did not take up the reins of government until the restoration of the monarchy in 1660.[2] In that same year, Charles I was canonised as Saint Charles Stuart and King Charles the Martyr by the Church of England and is venerated throughout the Anglican Communion.[5]

is this true?

is cromwell canonized?

[quote=Inchante]I met many people, refugees, who fled from Serbian war crimes. If there is fault with what the internation

im not a serb but i dont believe everything i hear

what are the facts?people do lie

it could be true though