Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Choose a natural element or two that best describes who you are?
I'm going to use words that describe me to describe an element as a way of describing myself.

Thundanton Wrote:Natural elements... really it's just an ambiguous tern used to describe all components that contribute to making up this universe.

Natural Elements--These are, literally, the chemical elements that make up the periodic chart and which compose all matter in the universe. Neither fire, nor electricity are elements, they are energy.

However, I realize that what you are referring to are conceptualizer "elements" promoted by ancient, scientifically illiterate groups in ancient times to justify a world view (i.e. religion).

I realize you are just promoting this for fun, I am just such a stickler for accurate information that I couldn't help myself in pointing it out. Sry.

~Beaux

I dunno, Beaux. Earth, Air, Fire, and Water make more sense to me that what goes on in politics.
I bid NO Trump!

Beaux Wrote:I realize you are just promoting this for fun, I am just such a stickler for accurate information that I couldn't help myself in pointing it out. Sry...

~Beaux

that's alright, you can make it up to me by taking the quiz! Bunny2

LJay Wrote:I dunno, Beaux. Earth, Air, Fire, and Water make more sense to me that what goes on in politics.

Science is not politics.

The Universe is not composed from "earth, air, fire and water". The Universe (and all matter in it) is composed by Energy and Matter. Matter is compose of Elements ,the components of which we list on the Perodic Chart. Neither are you formed from the dust of the the earth. You are composed primarily of Hydrogen and Oxygen, N and O on the Periodic Chart, respectively.

~Beaux

Oh, Beaux, you sound like a Presbyterian. Don't take me so seriously.

I suppose a better way to put it might have been that I see more science in alchemy [meaning nearly none] than I do common sense in government.

As for the periodic table, I think it is a wonder that I shall never understand...an eloquent analytical tool that the mind of a Humanities major just does not grok.
I bid NO Trump!

I want to be Earth, Wind, Fire and Water - someone else will have to be Heart as everyone knows it's the most rubbish power, I think it allows you to talk to animals or something (???), but sadly we need it to summon Captain Planet

In all seriousness though I guess I'm water. Calm, relaxed, influenced by the environment around me as it is by me. Don't put me under too much pressure either.
Gossip is the Devil’s telephone; best just to hang up.

I am Lepton.

dd the quiz and got Shadow (as an element ? lol ) says im eccentric..ill give them that , but then selfish - im as far from that as a person could be ....lord knows what they teach kids in chemistry class these days but they need to correct their elements table Smile

I got air off of that quiz...does that mean I'm an airhead?