Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Christian Music!
I love Christian music...
I am listening to the song Set A Fire by Will Reagan. I feel like crying. Such good lyrics that have to do with my life.

I loved it too, then I read the Bible...
Good music though. that takes practice and skill.

Yeah, that was the first kind of music I got into, then I started to listen to the Pop music on the radio, so I never really got back into Christian music except when I go to church. I can only understand a few things that come from the Bible. The rest is confusing.

CuddlyBear Wrote:Yeah, that was the first kind of music I got into, then I started to listen to the Pop music on the radio, so I never really got back into Christian music except when I go to church. I can only understand a few things that come from the Bible. The rest is confusing.

Did you try reading the King James Version? There's the New International Version (NIV), and then there's the even easier New Living Version (NLV). If you go to biblegateway.com you can select any version, language, etc and look up verses or read it front to back. I've read most of Genesis in the King James, mostly to appreciate the art of it, and then much of it in the NIV and NLV. I sometimes check the translations, like sometimes "Sodomite" gets translated into "homosexual" or "disapprove" becomes "loathe." It's one of the main reasons why I become an atheist. That last book in the Bible, just, Revelation, really just, oh you'd have to read it.
I had a guitar teacher who was an Evangelical. He actually gave me a Intelligent Design book when I was a kid, which unfortunately to him only made me study evolution more. He taught me how to play a lot through Christian/gospel songs. For the first year of guitar lessons he even taught me at his own church. He had horrible memory problems, except for playing guitar. I kid you not, he teaches bible-study every summer, and, he asked his wife once if he was Jewish - I kid you not.

What is Christian music?

writerken Wrote:What is Christian music?

Probably music that sounds like Christ.

Counselor Wrote:Probably music that sounds like Christ.

Yeah, pretty much, except more modern people singing. It's pretty good, depending on who you listen to.

I like Superchick, but I was surprised to find they're a Christian band as the songs I'd heard (and gotten to love) never mentioned anything Christian and were surprisingly feminist for a Christian band. Example:

One of my favorite bands ever is Cruxshadows, which some list as Christian (the Christian goths really love them). I wouldn't call them a Christian band myself as they've honored non-Christian myths (and one member was an open Wiccan, too), but there is something of a "Christian assumption" in many of their songs and their name literally means "in the shadows of the Cross," and though I forget the exact reasons why they came up with it I believe there was some sympathy for Christ in it. So if Christians want to call it "Christian goth" music then I won't argue them, though that's not the aspect I think about when I enjoy them (I bet many preachers in the Bible Belt would happily burn their CDs, however). Here's an almost random sample of CXS:

That's it, at least that I can think of. But there IS one popular (at least he used to be) called Carmen that I sometimes listen to for a laugh. Not WITH, but AT. As an example:

i like chilled music but i wouldnt class it as chilled prefer spiritual

I love Kirk Franklin and some of Tye Tribbett's music.
[Image: tumblr_n60lwfr0nK1tvauwuo2_250.gif]