Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Christian lgbt
I have discovered in my quest for faith that there are many man made hurdles for lgbt Christians.

I find this difficult when attempting to find Christan fellowship. Hi am Brian that there are Christians here, maybe we can have a fellowship here.

There are a few... Wink

Bowyn Aerrow Wrote:There are a few... Wink

Operative highlighted.

Gee need I list them?

Tyler, Myself and um... Ummm. Give me a moment I will have to think on this a bit.

myself too

Me too. Although I don't take the bible literally, I do believe in some of the messages and take it seriously.

I'm a gay christian too

I'm Catholic.

If that ain't Christian I'm whistling Dixie. (apologies to the non-Yanks).

I believe in a god just the same as you do, im just not christian or jewish or muslim or sikh or anything, i dont try to figure out the inscrutiable, i see amazing beauty and desighn in the world, i feel like screaming when people use evolution as an argument against god, something doesnt come from nothing.

^^

I don't know of anyone who uses it as a theory AGAINST any gods, not even specific ones that claimed to create it all in 7 days (in which case they often see that as more metaphoric and from untutored human understanding, just as the Bible said the sun circled the Earth). There are, however, people who believe in evolution but not God.

And evolution didn't just "come from nothing." It could be you're mixing it up with the Big Bang (as many Creationists do, but that's a completely different subject), but even that doesn't necessarily come from nothing. There are multiple theories and models to explain what existed before the Big Bang (and what caused it). IOW, physicists don't say "everything came from nothing." While it's true that it's pure speculation that doesn't mean they have to "concede that God did it" or some such. They wouldn't make very much progress if they did. Wink

Though an ex-girlfriend of mine did lose her religious faith and become an atheist after a few years as a physics major, but then she said she was never that devout anyway (and I also suspect her being gay had more to do with her leaving the church than learning physics). ETA: wait, she was more agnostic, I recall she said if there was a God/dess that the Being would be found in higher mathematics, and used to be obsessed with it (she held traditional gematria and numerology in contempt, however).