Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Christianity and grindr ??
Hello guys

Strange title and question I know but what are the views around such things like grindr etc from a christain view point ? I know it doesn't say any think in the bible about grindr well if it did that's just weird haha but am just wondering what's people's views ?
I go on to every so oftern but not to seek fun or photo swap just to chat meet new people and fellow Christians. Plus it's hard to find a decant straight acting guy in Leeds who wants more then fun haha

Thanks guys

I'd be lying if I said I was deeply religious, but I am a christian. In my opinion there is nothing wrong with using it. Times change and if you feel comfortable using Gindr, why not? You only live once and using sites like Grindr wont make you any less of a Christian than you are now.

looking for the elusive "straight acting guys" will make you less Christian

Why's that ?

^^

It could be the part of Christianity of not judging ("lest ye be judged"). And Jesus hung with prostitutes & tax collectors as well as coming to the defense of an adulteress.

Of course plenty of Christians are judgmental (and they'll condemn you for using Grindr at all, or even if you were fairly puritan yet still gay, and they'll forgive a man for molesting little girls easier than a man who has consensual sex with another man, I even read an evangelical preacher's wife say that in an interview).

Of course there are like a thousand forms of Christianity with widely disparate beliefs (each treating the Bible as a cafe that they take what they want and leave the rest, though of course they all claim to be fully aligned with the Bible, which is impossible unless you take the Bible as completely metaphorical and "more a suggestion to be used with common sense"). Which flavor is yours?

I'm christian too...and I don't think you should get caught up in that...meaning I think you should just do what you want. I'm sorta a laid-back Christian, where I believe that sin is wrong...yes, but sometimes, we have to sin. Sinning is a bad thing, yes...but we're not god, we all sin in different ways. A sin is a sin, and why should a sin prevent a man from following god? If that was the case, well no one would be able to follow god because Humans are sinners.

Sin is so relative and varies from religion to religion. I don't think there is anything wrong or sinful in looking for love.

pellaz Wrote:looking for the elusive "straight acting guys" will make you less Christian

st8 - acting
in a already limited dating field (3-5% are gay men) you shouldnt limit things so. Rather open it up looking for:
-a partner that wants a relationship as much as you do
-has a track record of: respect, communication, trust
-avoid various addictions; alcohol, drugs, hate
-dosnt violate the must the have things, for example i dont let republicans in the house.

I like to work on cars, good with computers and maybe would fit the straight acting persona. I only dated one guy like myself. I cant say we got along any better.
Better; look for a person that is different. the other 95%, the straights, their relationship are entirely based on differences and it works for them. Look at what the other person brings to the table to complete the household.

jesus & religion
there are thousands of religions, millions of gods. You have to be very gullible to believe that junk. You sound like you got a reference together and jesus seems odd for you. just know which side our toast is buttered, their god hates fags.

pellaz Wrote:st8 - acting
in a already limited dating field (3-5% are gay men) you shouldnt limit things so. Rather open it up looking for:
-a partner that wants a relationship as much as you do
-has a track record of: respect, communication, trust
-avoid various addictions; alcohol, drugs, hate
-dosnt violate the must the have things, for example i dont let republicans in the house.

I like to work on cars, good with computers and maybe would fit the straight acting persona. I only dated one guy like myself. I cant say we got along any better.
Better; look for a person that is different. the other 95%, the straights, their relationship are entirely based on differences and it works for them. Look at what the other person brings to the table to complete the household.

jesus & religion
there are thousands of religions, millions of gods. You have to be very gullible to believe that junk. You sound like you got a reference together and jesus seems odd for you. just know which side our toast is buttered, their god hates fags.

i am just dumbfounded at the intolerance and judgmental attitude...

pellaz Wrote:looking for the elusive "straight acting guys" will make you less Christian

Sorry, Im not into actors.
I like people who are themselves, not pretending to be something they arent.
Christian or otherwise.