Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Christmas Preparation (Before 5 Dec Surgery)
Yep, it's still too early to prepare Christmas decoration and gifts but I decided to do it now as I'm going to have a surgery on 5th Dec. I'll be stuck in a hospital and on my bed in my house for a few weeks. Yippee.

I'm agnostic so I celebrate everything.

On last Friday, my colleagues assisted me to decorate the Christmas tree. It was a blast.

[Image: Christmas_itm04.jpg]

[Image: Christmas_itm05.jpg]

I went to office today (Saturday) to prepare personal surprise Christmas goodies for my colleagues, friends who work in the same office building, next door companies and also for our office janitors.

[Image: Christmas_itm03.jpg]

[Image: Christmas_itm02.jpg]

[Image: Christmas_itm06.jpg]

The Santa's paper bags are for my friends who work in the same office building. The transparent ones are for my colleagues and janitors. The Santa's sack bags are for the next door companies.

I haven't prepared my Christmas presents for my friends/colleagues and Christmas goodies for our courier guys. I cancelled my trip to an orphan house. I was planning to go with a colleague of mine, Vincent but he wanted to go on my surgery week. So he will go with his girlfriend and brother. I'll pass my stuff to him.

To be honest, I want this year's Christmas to be more festive than the previous because ... I hate to say this, considering that I'm going to have a huge surgery ... um, anything can happen. I just want people to remember me as a nice guy. That is all.

Surgery

Anyways I doubt that I will be online that much for a month or two as I need to focus 500% on recovering from this 7-hour surgery. Yep, 7 hours. It's a huge surgery. This will be the first surgery out of three. My surgeon and I haven't set the date for the second and third surgery yet. But I hope I can settle all of them before mid 2012.

The sucky part is that I am not allowed to run and do weight lifting for a whole month or two. I can do brisk walk and light weight lifting by the third/fourth week.

If you're wondering what kind of surgery that I'll be having, well ... the first surgery is called Belt Lipectomy. This surgery will help to fix my abdomen and my waist due to my once upon a time morbid obese condition. Weight lifting etc. helped me a lot but surgery is still needed.

I was 363 lbs (165 kg) before 2005. Currently I steadily hold myself at 160.6 lbs (73 kg). Thankfully I have zero problem to maintain my weight as I am a health freak now. I started out my weight loss on 2005 and nearly completed on 2009. I reached my ideal weight on 2010. So it took me almost 5 years to lose weight

The first surgery will be a massive surgery. Second surgery is big but not as huge as the first surgery. The third will be a small scale surgery.

[Image: Before--After04.jpg]

Before 2005 and on 2011

[Image: Before--After03.jpg]

Before 2005 and on Dec 2010

[Image: Before--After02.jpg]

Before 2005 and on 2009

Anyways this is the ultimate reason why I went back and forth when it comes to finding a boyfriend. I wanted to have one but I know that I am not fully ready.

Moral of the story: Think twice before planning to become morbid obese. Obese is common. Morbid obese (size of 2 men and 1/2), not so much.

Last but not least, I'm very proud of my achievement.

Wow, that is an incredible transformation. I wish you all the best in this next surgery. Please keep us updates as to how your feeling if you are able. Smile

Oh wow you really should be proud. That's some impressive weight loss!

Your Christmas decorations/presents look very nice too. Very festive indeed. Haven't even thought about mine yet.

Best of luck with the surgery!

You are an amazing and inspirational man Jay. I am going to keep you in my thoughts and prayers while you are recovering.

To be honest, I want this year's Christmas to be more festive than the previous because ... I hate to say this, considering that I'm going to have a huge surgery ... um, anything can happen. I just want people to remember me as a nice guy. That is all.

I know these kinds of thoughts are natural...I have had them myself right before going under...but I have a really positive feeling that you will be fine. You are so much more than a nice guy...you have one of the sweetest spirits and kindest hearts I have seen...and I have seen alot of peopleConfusedmile: You are also one of the bravest men I have ever met...truly...I have told you that before. Knuddel

Well done Jay you should be really proud of what you've achieved. I wish you the very best for you surgical procedure.

You are amazing Jay, I would never have guessed.
I am so proud of you.
Don't be away to long please , I will miss you dreadfully.

best wishes and speedy recovery

Jay, the office looks amazing, and so do you. You should be enormously proud of yourself, you are an inspiration.

I also want to thank you for you kind words and support as I headed for surgery earlier this month, and hope that your surgery goes as well as mine did and you see the results that you are looking for.

Have a speedy revocery and chat with you soon Smile

That is a lot of weight to lose in just one year.

Xyxthumbs Your transformation is awesome. Xyxthumbs

I know your agnostic, I would like to include you in my prayers. IF you do not mind.

I have followed some of your posts here, and from what I have seen you are a good man. I have no doubt that many see you as such.

Great tree and wonderful gifts.... Xyxthumbs

Bowyn Aerrow Wrote:That is a lot of weight to lose in just one year.

Xyxthumbs Your transformation is awesome. Xyxthumbs

I know your agnostic, I would like to include you in my prayers. IF you do not mind.

I have followed some of your posts here, and from what I have seen you are a good man. I have no doubt that many see you as such.

Great tree and wonderful gifts.... Xyxthumbs

Oh sorry for the confusion Bowyn. I started out my weight loss on 2005 and nearly completed on 2009. I reached my ideal weight on 2010. So it took me almost 5 years to lose weight. I've corrected my original post.

In order to lose such amount of weight, I disconnected myself from social life for three years. I gave my 500% to lose weight. I was determined. So on the first three years, my life revolved around my jogging park and my house only. I completely changed my lifestyle and surprisingly it wasn't difficult.

Physically, it was challenging on the first year. Mentally, I say ... People can be cruel when they need to be. I remember crying the whole day in my bedroom alone after being mocked like crazy by passersby in the jogging park.

To lose weight, I relied on changing my lifestyle and my dietary.

On the first three years, I focused on brisk walk and weight lifting. I was unable to run because of my weight and injured leg.

By 2009, I incorporated stairs climbing into my exercise schedule. I climb office building's emergency staircase from the ground floor to the 30th floor. I used to do it every day but I now only do it three times a week.

On 2010, I re injured my leg and had to stop exercise for 3 weeks. I struggled to walk. Once recovered, I found out that I can run again. I had happy tears. I never stopped running since the day I found out. I also joined a Hip Hop dance class.

I faced 'culture shock' after I returned to public. It took me time to adjust but I am fine now.

I only started to apply job on 2009.

Thank you everyone for the kind words and supports.

Hopefully everything will go smoothly. Well okay, bye guys.