Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Christmas confessions. Good bad and nasty
Genersis Wrote:Sneaked a peak at presents many times.

I don't recall ever doing this, although I did go look at the present under the tree (which would start showing up around December 10th or 15th) and try to guess what they were based on the shape. Never shook any, so far as I can tell.

I have one of those really-vivid-yet-random memories that's related. I was maybe five, and my brother was seven. My mother brought us into a large-ish store, sort of like Target (but it wasn't - there were no Targets in my area back then). My brother and I wandered off to look at toys and comic books, and my mother decided to do a bit of Christmas shopping. She didn't have a cart, and just started piling things in her hands. I then went to talk to her about...something or other. And when I turned the corner, she gave me this look. It was a mixture of anger, annoyance and exasperation. I recognized immediately that she didn't want me there. I seem to recall her saying "well, now you know what you're getting for Christmas". The funny thing is - other than a small box of crayons, I didn't see anything she was carrying. I just turned around and went back to the toy area. And I did get that box of crayons for Christmas (among other things).

But I still have that very vivid memory of my mother giving me that look, with her arms overburdened with would-be gifts, including a box of crayons. Smile

Lex

araya Wrote:wow, i never know my confession will be taken this far

Let me spell it out. You killed somebody's pet. With no remorse. Had you done that to my pet, I would have killed you. With no remorse. Rofl

Lex

Lexington Wrote:I don't recall ever doing this, although I did go look at the present under the tree (which would start showing up around December 10th or 15th) and try to guess what they were based on the shape. Never shook any, so far as I can tell.

I have one of those really-vivid-yet-random memories that's related. I was maybe five, and my brother was seven. My mother brought us into a large-ish store, sort of like Target (but it wasn't - there were no Targets in my area back then). My brother and I wandered off to look at toys and comic books, and my mother decided to do a bit of Christmas shopping. She didn't have a cart, and just started piling things in her hands. I then went to talk to her about...something or other. And when I turned the corner, she gave me this look. It was a mixture of anger, annoyance and exasperation. I recognized immediately that she didn't want me there. I seem to recall her saying "well, now you know what you're getting for Christmas". The funny thing is - other than a small box of crayons, I didn't see anything she was carrying. I just turned around and went back to the toy area. And I did get that box of crayons for Christmas (among other things).

But I still have that very vivid memory of my mother giving me that look, with her arms overburdened with would-be gifts, including a box of crayons. Smile

Lex

I knew, and still know where my parents hide the presents.
I used to peak for two reasons:
1) I was too eager to know what I was getting.
2) Knowing something I knew I wasn't supposed to know, without anyone else knowing I knew, made me feel good.

After several years of doing such, it lost it's novelty.

Looking back on it now, it was a rather pathetic thing to do.:tongue: