Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Civil partnership help
Hey so im thinking of asking my partner for a civil partnership in the next year maybe.
In the UK, what is the general cost in total for the ceremony at a registrar office or town hall?

What would be expected e.g... witnesses / best man etc
im completely oblivious to how this works so im all ears (+)

Wonderful news , congrats.
Perhaps this might help.
Link

Anonymous Wrote:Hey so im thinking of asking my partner for a civil partnership in the next year maybe.
In the UK, what is the general cost in total for the ceremony at a registrar office or town hall?

What would be expected e.g... witnesses / best man etc
im completely oblivious to how this works so im all ears (+)

The answers are unfortunately easy but unhelpful.

The legal requirements are for the two of you to formally register your intent to form a CP with a registrar. Then a few weeks later you return with a pair of witnesses in tow; the registrar says a few things you all sign a piece of paper and hey presto you are CP'ed. The cost of doing that is pretty minimal.

However if my husband and I had done just that we would have been literally crucified by our parents. Most families want a proper wedding; suits, silly hats, sitdown meal, nice venue, etc. There isn't really any traditional format yet for CPs so you can do anything you like, this presents a great deal of agony of choice. As for cost depending on what you want the sky is the limit. Set a budget allowing, say 10%, for cost over-runs and stick to it. Know what is important to you two and what is not. It's your day you can spend as much or as little as you like.

A book that we found moderately helpful was 'Civil Partnership: A Guide to the Perfect Day' by Gino Meranio.

P.S. Congratulations!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Fred

Life is what happens while you are busy making other plans.